T Nation

ShutYoMouth Gun

Japan creates a gun that cause someone to stop talking. I could use one for the wifey. Amiright guys?

Right?

Seriously, kind of freaky to know thats around.

Sooooooo many practical applications

[quote]‘In general, human speech is jammed by giving back to the speakers their own utterances at a delay of a few hundred milliseconds,’ the scientists say in a new research paper for the National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology in Tskuba and at Ochanomizu University, both in Japan.

'This effect can disturb people without any physical discomfort, and disappears immediately by stopping speaking.
[/quote]

Does it work on people who love the sounds of their own voices?

Holy shit.

When can we just build the ICBM equivalent, skip the cold war phase and nuke the world?

Please!?

I so hope this is available to consumers. I can think of a few students of mine this would be absolutely perfect for. Very serious.

Wonder how much it would run?

Damnit. Had a look at the Japanese pages and it does not appear to be available yet.

[quote]Cortes wrote:
I so hope this is available to consumers. I can think of a few students of mine this would be absolutely perfect for. Very serious.

Wonder how much it would run? [/quote]

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. I don’t care how much it costs, when this is available to the public I will be one of the first in line, even if that means a trip to Japan.

Pssstt…Bernelli & Mossberg have been making Shut your Mouth guns for years.

[quote]BDSLift wrote:
Pssstt…Bernelli & Mossberg have been making Shut your Mouth guns for years.[/quote]

Not viable for classroom use.

[quote]Cortes wrote:

[quote]BDSLift wrote:
Pssstt…Bernelli & Mossberg have been making Shut your Mouth guns for years.[/quote]

Not viable for classroom use. [/quote]

HAHA, gotcha…