Shut Up 'n Lift! (Log)

[quote]SteelyD wrote:

Food(as of posting):

Total Cals: 3,950
Fat: 157g
Carb: 158
Prot: 483

Still behind. I’m gonna down some Natty PB and Metabolic Drive before bed. Took me 1.5 hours to nibble away at 6 scrambled eggs and a ham steak after my workout.

As much as I never could have imagined it, eating goals (ie eating MORE) is harder than the workouts…[/quote]

As the resident fat guy, its even hard for me to eat right after a good training session. I usually have a protein shake with 60g protein and a half cup of oatmeal waiting in the car. I have found that after an hour, I kin eats jest fine.

Back

Couldn’t get to the gym where I’ve been doing my back work lately, so at the ‘usual’ gym for some higher rep work.

Lever Lat P/D: 15, 12, 12, 10@200 (Rep PR on that machine)

BO DB Rows: 65x8(with Fatgripz), 85x15, 100x22 (REP PR!), 120x8 (grip let out), 120x18+1+1 (strap)(REP PR!)

Seated Lever Row machine (palms down): 12, 12, 10@200

R/P Neut Grip Pullup: 1+1+1+1+1 (10s between)

Standing 1-arm cable row: 10, 10 (forget weight, but not heavy)

Rec. Bike: 25 minutes

Food:

If I finish this chicken and rice it will be:

Appx Cals: 3,715
Fat:91g
Carb: 294g
Protein: 430g

Somehow I need minimum 300 cals before bed. Wanted 4500 today. Maybe. Ughh. Must. Eat. More…

[i]On edit (next day): Ate 2 T PB and 3 cheese sticks.

Cals: 4,265
F 137g
C 301g
P 456

Still not 4500, but better.
[/i]

Sometimes eating seems to be the hardest workout. There are times when I have a very difficult time getting interested in food. Those times when nothing is appealing, time for a smoothie, just pour it down the hatch.

Stream, I know it!!

The problem I’m having lately is that I’m trying to hit the calories with food and save the shakes for pre/post WO.

Some days, man, I just can’t chew the food. The other thing is I work out at 6PM or so, so by time I get done, chug shake and cook dinner, it’s like 8-830, then I want to go to bed, but I’m still way down.

I need to start ‘front loading’ better.

Last night, I downed a few TBS of PB and ate 3 cheddar cheese sticks. That got me up past 4k, but not quite 4500.

I’m wasting away to nothing!!! :wink:

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Stream, I know it!!

The problem I’m having lately is that I’m trying to hit the calories with food and save the shakes for pre/post WO.

Some days, man, I just can’t chew the food. The other thing is I work out at 6PM or so, so by time I get done, chug shake and cook dinner, it’s like 8-830, then I want to go to bed, but I’m still way down.

I need to start ‘front loading’ better.

Last night, I downed a few TBS of PB and ate 3 cheddar cheese sticks. That got me up past 4k, but not quite 4500.

I’m wasting away to nothing!!! ;)[/quote]

Turn sideways and you’ll disappear like a wisp of smoke.

Do you take extra virgin olive oil? That’s what was recommended to me when I needed to get my weight up for my last meet.

[quote]ouroboro_s wrote:

Do you take extra virgin olive oil?[/quote]

Bah HA! My blood is SATURATED with it :wink:
http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/la_cucina_anabolica_italiana

Sometimes I’ll add a few Tblspoons to my shakes (or Safflower oil) just for the calories. The taste of the shake masks it, and it actually thickens the shake.

I’ve been trying to ‘chew’ all my calories lately, but yeah, you’re right, in a pinch just down the oil eh?

Youse guys are cruel! Here I am, drinking allmost all of my calories (all 1300 to 1500 of 'em), and y’all are talking about how HARD it is to eat enough! :slight_smile:

Well, yeah, Math, but given your history of microbrewing, the question I have is: “WHAT are you drinking?”

Shoulders

Smith High Inclines: 12, 10, 10, 7x140

DB Sh. Presses (straight back): 10, 85x3*, 75x8, 80x6

DB Lat Raises: 12, 10, 8x45

Seated Inc. DB front raise: 10, 10x25

BB Shrug: 135x20, 225x5(grip)+15(strap), 315x16, 405x3 + 5power shrugs.

• I was thinking this was a high incline week vs. vertical. Oopsy! (Wondered why I wasn’t close to the reps I expected).

Food:

Cals: 4,752
F: 224g
C: 284g
P: 419g

Nice work. I really like the shrugs. I haven’t done any since I got my free weights, but I can’t imagine trying to shrug 405#. I’d be happy just to stand there holding it.

One year (and 2 weeks):

April 2008 <–> April 2009
[photo]22069[/photo] [photo]22070[/photo]

Arms 14-1/4" → 17-3/4"

I’m exhausted in this pic :wink:
[photo]22071[/photo]

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
One year (and 2 weeks):

Arms 14-1/4" → 17-3/4"

[photo]22071[/photo]
[/quote]

Lookin’ thick SteelyD! incredible progress!

What soldog said.

Awesome progress…

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
One year (and 2 weeks):

Arms 14-1/4" → 17-3/4"

[photo]22071[/photo]
[/quote]

Holy shit man! How you doin’?

Just be careful you don’t want to get too big. hahahahaha. I kill me.

Seriously, you look amazing.

Thanks everybody.

I just realized in that last pic I look like I’m trying to take a shit…

I don’t think that’s gonna last long as an avatar…

[quote]SteelyD wrote:
Thanks everybody.

I just realized in that last pic I look like I’m trying to take a shit…

I don’t think that’s gonna last long as an avatar…[/quote]

You probably DO need to take a shit, considering how much you’re eating! :slight_smile:

Great progress. Looks like your program is working.

What prison camp did they let you out of 2 years ago ?

I keed.

good work.

Dude… holy crap! Awesome progress, you are startin’ to look like a mini-me of Meat! lol!

DUDE

you are freeking HUGE

awesome work - your look great

kmc

Just stopping by to say hello!

You are getting some awesome feedback for your lifts…

OUTSTANDING WORK!!

Btw- I think I’ve stalked you in another post with this question, but what part of Maine are you in?

We lived in Brunswick for 4 years, and just moved down here last year…I LOVE love LOVE Maine, and we probably make it our home one day, once the hubby is done with this NAVY job of his :stuck_out_tongue: We had plans of staying(permanently) when we moved up there, but they decided to close that base down…bummer.

Keep up the hard work!