Shut the F**k Up About Sales

[quote]Professor X wrote:
[

Then again, I AM black so I must be angry all of the time anyway…and addicted to menthols…that I smoke in the projects…while wearing my FUBU jumpsuit…and chasing down white women.[/quote]

So that’s your secret to making cardio interesting?

LL works out at my gym.

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]JLu wrote:
Brick anytime I read one of your posts I picture a guy foaming at the mouth angrily pounding each key as he types while grinding his teeth. I don’t know if you’re ACTUALLY pissed off whenever you post but your tone always seems extremely hostile, at least to me. I also agree with grettiron.[/quote]

Aside from ONE thread, I don’t remember ever being pissed while posting on here. If I recall correctly, I started this thread around 1 to 2 AM last night and I was nearly half asleep.

I really don’t know why people find my posts so menacing aside from my use of expletives.

Is it my wording? Or how I string together a sentence or a paragraph? I don’t know.
[/quote]

You use lots of capitalized words and !'s often. Its also probably your wording and the fact that you don’t beat around the bush. I’ve noticed that alot of people often mistake you as the leatherface your avatar once was from reading your posts. I personally enjoying reading your posts. I don’t picture you as angry. More like your really really enthusiastic or hyped. Really hyped up.[/quote]

I personally think he shouldn’t give a shit. Everyone thinks I am angry nearly all of the timer when the truth is, many of my posts are written with me laughing at what I am responding to.

Then again, I AM black so I must be angry all of the time anyway…and addicted to menthols…that I smoke in the projects…while wearing my FUBU jumpsuit…and chasing down white women.[/quote]

Hilarious…

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:
LL works out at my gym. [/quote]

So cool…

And i agree with your post

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

Awesome.

It sucks that I probably would never speak to him due to not wanting to add into the other fan bullshit he no doubt deals with daily.

He is one entertainer who has remained consistent in the gym since he was a teenager.

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]JLu wrote:
Brick anytime I read one of your posts I picture a guy foaming at the mouth angrily pounding each key as he types while grinding his teeth. I don’t know if you’re ACTUALLY pissed off whenever you post but your tone always seems extremely hostile, at least to me. I also agree with grettiron.[/quote]

Aside from ONE thread, I don’t remember ever being pissed while posting on here. If I recall correctly, I started this thread around 1 to 2 AM last night and I was nearly half asleep.

I really don’t know why people find my posts so menacing aside from my use of expletives.

Is it my wording? Or how I string together a sentence or a paragraph? I don’t know.
[/quote]

You use lots of capitalized words and !'s often. Its also probably your wording and the fact that you don’t beat around the bush. I’ve noticed that alot of people often mistake you as the leatherface your avatar once was from reading your posts. I personally enjoying reading your posts. I don’t picture you as angry. More like your really really enthusiastic or hyped. Really hyped up.[/quote]

I personally think he shouldn’t give a shit. Everyone thinks I am angry nearly all of the timer when the truth is, many of my posts are written with me laughing at what I am responding to.

Are you saying you are better than tiger woods? Who doesn’t chase white women? Even fucking White women chase white women.

V

That was fucking hysterical, X!

But come on, man. Just admit you’re that angry, jacked black dude that can only find work in athletics, hip-hop, or working the door or bouncing at big city clubs by scaring college kids (or portraying any of these roles in Hollywood films and TV shows). And just admit you have a harem of white chicks!

I admit that I’m not the most calm person. Which is one of the reasons I got fired from my last job at a nursing home. It just didn’t match my temperament. It felt like the endless paper work and isolation of it all were forms of low-level sensory deprivation for me.

I am calm or “laid back” in the sense that I’m flexible, easy to get along with, empathetic, and friendly. But I don’t think I’m accurately described as laid back overall.

I do have high energy levels, much higher than the average person, I believe. And this has helped me tremendously in the gym.

Back to the site and sales…

Cakewalk, you’re right. These people definitely enjoy reading and posting on this site, yet fail to realize the same traffic and content they provide to this site provides even more traffic and subsequent higher search engine-ranking that can potentially and often DOES increase sales for Biotest.

I’m not an internet marketing expert and I don’t know all the jargon, concepts, and systems that go into it. But I’m sure it’s fair to say that Testosterone is basically a theme-/content-based website that draws traffic from highly-valuable content and a forum (users that provide content) and PITCHES/SELLS to this traffic!

And what the fuck is wrong with that?! Both my uncles, a grandfather, my brother, and my father have been or are salespeople. My grandfather has sold shit since he was 8 years old until 70 and he supported a wife and three kids from SELLING. That’s six decades of SELLING. My bro schleps himself all over Manhattan to SELL.

And there are the irritating people on this forum, usually the ones who don’t see value in anything, including their own self-education, and don’t make gains because of their lack of self-investment. These are the ones that don’t even have the adult ability to understand that services and skills are valued financially and…

REALLY DON’T GIVE A SHIT WHAT ANYONE OFFERS OR SAYS TO THEM ANYWAY!

These are the ones that jump from diet to diet and routine to routine, all bugging us for advice (really approval of what they have their minds set on doing or not doing) along the way. They come on here and present their routine or diet to us, a whole elaborate, overly thought-up scheme, and ask, “How does this look?” Or they’ll ask questions or requests, dumb, vague shit like this:

What’s good to drink… ?
What’s good to eat for a breakfast… ?
I’m following Poliquin’s 6-1 Cyborg Blitz. Is it OK if I add in… ? (Usually the routine they write up doesn’t even resemble what Koresh (excuse me, I mean Poliquin) wrote up.)

My all-time favorite is a thread asking us to drum diets for one to gain 25 pounds of MUSCLE in ONE YEAR. Now, obviously that can be accomplished. But someone without even minimal dexterity in this hobby/sport to write their own diet, or the respect and value of a nutrition professional to help them, will most likely NEVER gain 25 pounds of muscle in a year.

These people a) don’t give as shit about educating themselves and/or b) refuse to fork over the money for the services of a professional and/or c) can’t apply what they read secondary to low intelligence and ability or incoherence!

If you suggest they educate themselves on a topic that has perhaps hundreds of book chapters or articles on a topic like peri-workout nutrition, they respond with something like, “I just didn’t want to take the time to read all that stuff.” I say, “Then fuck you! I took all that damn academic and recreational/spare time to educate myself. And now you want me to fork over that invested time and wisdom… FOR FREE! Yeah, that’s right, we should all start whipping out calculators and open up our brains for the chock-full of wisdom in them and help you… FOR FREE!”

Weeks, or sometimes DAYS later, these people come on the forum with yet ANOTHER routine or program and ask people for advice all over again. What does that say? That they just wasted the time and help offered by those that offered advice in a previous thread! So fuck them!

Another guy just abandoned the RFL diet because it “wasn’t working”. The guy lost 9 fucking pounds in 2 weeks and deems the diet as “not working”. So he dismisses a diet that IS working. These people really have no god-damn respect for any fitness and nutrition professionals and probably carry that same attribute towards other professionals, people who work hard for a living and constantly study.

When I mentioned to the kid who wants to gain 25 lbs of LBM that he should hire a professional for 75 to 300 bucks (common rates for sports dietitians and nutritionists) if he doesn’t have the ability or time to invest in making his own diet, he responded, “We’re in a recession!” I responded, “What does this have to do with a recession?” He replied, “It’s the price!” Alright, so we should pay a price in time and wisdom (that was attained through YEARS of experience and education) for you… FOR FREE!

And the people on here, the writers and posters, who do succeed in fitness and bodybuilding (or whatever pertinent activities) have invested in themselves! I bet people like Justin Harris, Shelby Starnes, Dave Tate, Jim Wendler, Eric Cressey, Chad Nicholls, Chris Aceto, and so on, have huge personal libraries.

I also suppose some of the writers on here should stop writing. People like John Berardi, CW, CT, and others should stop writing, because after all, their articles ARE a form of marketing, and have nearly been the backbone of their entire careers because they have driven up the SALES of their products and services. And these writers also had to sell themselves to the editors of this site in the forms of resumes and PITCH letters!

I’ve been going on interviews lately for fitness training positions. ALL interviewers have asked me, “Are you a salesperson? Can you sell? Have you sold?” I guess I would’ve done better if I answered, “No, I’m not, and I don’t intend sell. I’ll just sit around the gym all day and I’ll drum up business like that!”

[quote]grettiron wrote:
i think you’re getting confused between actual transactions (sales) and solicitations (advertisements). the transactions keep our society going, true. there’s nothing wrong with that, in fact it’s essential as you point out. but i’m sick of advertisements, as are others.

you could argue that the people doing the selling need to make a living, but that doesn’t change the fact that i’m sick of seeing and hearing advertisements.

yeah it’s a rant, but calm down. [/quote]

Solicitation is defined as “the act of approaching with a request”. You are confusing this with advertising. They aren’t coming to you, you’re coming to them. If the advertisements bother you, then don’t come here. That’s like showing up at someone else’s house complaining about the color of their drapes.

Of course you can argue that the people advertising need to make a living. As a matter of fact, if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be advertising. Do you really expect them to stop doing what they need to do to make a living just because you showed up and it bothered you? Are you really that arrogant?

Feel free to leave at any time.

[quote]countingbeans wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

So cool…

And i agree with your post[/quote]

Thanks. I also dealt with him as a cashier at a Barnes and Nobles I worked at when I was in college.

I must be reading all the right threads or skipping over all the right posts because I haven’t noticed anyone bitching about sales.

[quote]LankyMofo wrote:
I must be reading all the right threads or skipping over all the right posts because I haven’t noticed anyone bitching about sales.

[/quote]

I see it more on other boards…

I totally have a man crush on LL I think.

Who doesn’t have a man crush on LL? I wish I had some LL butt pics to post in the butt thread going on in the bodybuilding forum.

I bought the Astros hat LL wore in the headsprung video because he made it look so dope.

Looked far from dope on me, haha.

[quote]BradTGIF wrote:
I bought the Astros hat LL wore in the headsprung video because he made it look so dope.

Looked far from dope on me, haha.

[/quote]

Would you say instead of looking dope, you looked like a dope? Would you go that far as to say that? Hmmmmm?

V

[quote]Stronghold wrote:

[quote]grettiron wrote:
i think you’re getting confused between actual transactions (sales) and solicitations (advertisements). the transactions keep our society going, true. there’s nothing wrong with that, in fact it’s essential as you point out. but i’m sick of advertisements, as are others.

you could argue that the people doing the selling need to make a living, but that doesn’t change the fact that i’m sick of seeing and hearing advertisements.

yeah it’s a rant, but calm down. [/quote]

Solicitation is defined as “the act of approaching with a request”. You are confusing this with advertising. They aren’t coming to you, you’re coming to them. If the advertisements bother you, then don’t come here. That’s like showing up at someone else’s house complaining about the color of their drapes.

Of course you can argue that the people advertising need to make a living. As a matter of fact, if they didn’t, they wouldn’t be advertising. Do you really expect them to stop doing what they need to do to make a living just because you showed up and it bothered you? Are you really that arrogant?

Feel free to leave at any time.[/quote]

i wasn’t referring to T-Nation. you’re right, i do come here. T-Nation advertising doesn’t bother me. if you read my other posts, you would see that i was referring to advertising encountered in daily life. so solicitation actually is the correct word.

and i’m not going to leave because you want me to, sorry.

[quote]elusive wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]JLu wrote:

[/quote]

it’s because of the hypertension X … that’s why you’re so angry all the time

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

So cool…

Thanks. I also dealt with him as a cashier at a Barnes and Nobles I worked at when I was in college. [/quote]

What kind of workout does he do in the gym? I know you can’t know exactly, but a general idea maybe?

Just curious, they always mention celebrity workout, but this is a celebrity I’d actually want to know about as far as training goes [and if you count his old stuff, music too].

And yeah, good original post too, I enjoy your posts in general for the most part.

[quote]LarryDavid wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

[quote]Bricknyce wrote:

So cool…

Thanks. I also dealt with him as a cashier at a Barnes and Nobles I worked at when I was in college. [/quote]

I really didn’t pay much attention to him when I used to see him more often. I haven’t seen him for some time there, but saw him consistently from 1999 to 2008.

He was always there with his trainer, Scooter, the guy who co-wrote his fitness book. I never saw them going to hardcore with stuff like squats, deadlifts, or rows. I think his trainer sort of trained him with a full-body, circuit-type approach, similar to what Alwyn Cosgrove and Charles Poliquin do. I also remember him having LL do a lot of interval training. That’s a pretty easy, highly-paid job, pushing buttons on a treadmill or Precor and watching minutes go by. He got him trimmed down with something akin to an old-fashioned “fish and water” diet from what I remember people in the gym telling me.

What kind of workout does he do in the gym? I know you can’t know exactly, but a general idea maybe?

Just curious, they always mention celebrity workout, but this is a celebrity I’d actually want to know about as far as training goes [and if you count his old stuff, music too].

And yeah, good original post too, I enjoy your posts in general for the most part.
[/quote]

I don’t know where my post went. All I wrote was that I remember him doing a lot of full-body circuits and interval training. Get his fitness book, co-written by dietitian Chris Mohr and his trainer Scooter.

Bricknyce the Word Puncher. I completely agree with you. It really wasn’t that bad before but as X mentioned, since the release of Anaconda, it has been at a fever pitch. The complaints are driving me insane. If you don’t like it then don’t come.

What really has gotten me on edge though is calling some of the veteran lifters and individuals on this site like X and Stu, SELLOUTS?! The greatest thing about this online community is not just the vast info you can get from articles but the knowledge you can draw from these guys and girls. I don’t post often, but I have followed alot of these people on logs and training forums for some time now. There is more valuable information on there than anything. Not only can you see what they are doing and how they are doing it, but you can also get feedback on their results and how its working. Thats invaluable. This ranges from body building to powerlifting to oly lifting. To call them sellouts is disrespectful and asinine.