Shugart's 'Gay Basher' Article

[quote]pushharder wrote:

Bingo. And therein lies a huge problem for the hand-wringing gay “tolerance” crowd. Watch the fuck out, cuz here comes the pedophiles saying the EXACT same things to gain acceptance. And if you want to be consistent you will have to accept them.[/quote]

Nope. Underage people are legally incapable of giving consent to sex of any kind with an legal adult.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

In your confusion.[/quote]

Confusion?

If being gay isn’t a conscious choice, why isn’t gayness as rampant in the animal kingdom as it is among humans? I have owned 50 some odd horses, a couple dozen dogs and 50 bazillion cats in my lifetime. Not a single one of them was gay. I did have a bearded dragon once that I’m not too sure about. Bear in mind that I have never checked youtube for gay animal videos.

[quote]OldOgre wrote:
If being gay isn’t a conscious choice, why isn’t gayness as rampant in the animal kingdom as it is among humans? I have owned 50 some odd horses, a couple dozen dogs and 50 bazillion cats in my lifetime. Not a single one of them was gay. I did have a bearded dragon once that I’m not too sure about. Bear in mind that I have never checked youtube for gay animal videos.[/quote]

All I know is that one of the leading German breeding bulls cannot perform until his SO is present.

Who is a he, and apparently sufficiently sexy to get said bull off 2-3 times a day.

[quote]pushharder wrote:
There is no science to support a gay gene, for instance. [/quote]

Not yet, at any rate.

Personally, I do expect we’ll uncover such “tangible” proof in the near future.

And that we’ll find that the proportion of homosexuality in our species roughly mirrors that of other “intelligent” species like primates and dolphins.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]nephorm wrote:
…Pedophilia is not a choice, but we of course hold people responsible for acting on those urges. [/quote]

Bingo. And therein lies a huge problem for the hand-wringing gay “tolerance” crowd. Watch the fuck out, cuz here comes the pedophiles saying the EXACT same things to gain acceptance. And if you want to be consistent you will have to accept them.[/quote]

Sad to say, this may well be genetically hard-wired as well.

And needless to say, removing them from society goes without saying. (pardon the redundancy)

-edited-

[quote]OldOgre wrote:
If being gay isn’t a conscious choice, why isn’t gayness as rampant in the animal kingdom as it is among humans? I have owned 50 some odd horses, a couple dozen dogs and 50 bazillion cats in my lifetime. Not a single one of them was gay. I did have a bearded dragon once that I’m not too sure about. Bear in mind that I have never checked youtube for gay animal videos.[/quote]

When you’re pushing past the 6+ billion barrier, perhaps other eventualities emerge.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]2busy wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Bodybuilding is not the gayest sport on earth, there is always male synchronized swimming.[/quote]

Sure.

Just go right to the deep end of the pool…[/quote]

You dont understand, if I tried to be the gayest, not even the most flaming figure skater would stand a chance…

Well, they would, but I would challenge their supremacy!

BB does not try to be the gayest or we would be.

We just happen to be the second or third gayest, but that is just a coincidence.

In totally unrelated news I am very excited about my new Samsung washing machine I paid an unreasonable amount of money for but it can wash more than 8 kgs and has more than 15 programs and an app!!![/quote]

I was making a word play on synchronized swimming with the “deep end of the pool” comment.

Well, I thought it was funny.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]nephorm wrote:
…Pedophilia is not a choice, but we of course hold people responsible for acting on those urges. [/quote]

We’re not running a society based upon being logically complete.It should be pretty apparent why a mature guy buttseks-ing another mature guy who wants the D is a different scenario to a kid who is:

• easily influenced/coerced,
  • doesn’t have a grasp of what is being asked of/done to them,
  • isn’t able to adequately weigh up the consequences of their decisions

Okay, now I read the article.

Personally, I hated girls when I was 6 or 7. I definitely didn’t get sexual attraction to either sex until a fair bit later - why would you, do you even produce the required hormones? Perhaps you had ideals of marriage and adult relationships but a sexual preference?

Anyway, to the actual article - there’s obviously a segment of the gay community very attracted to BB athletes but I imagine a lot find it quite gross. Is “gayes” the one with the biggest gay following? Doubt it’s bodybuilding…

[quote]doogie wrote:

Tru Dat. I couldn’t get it up for any man, no matter how hard I tried.[/quote]

Exactly. The penis doesn’t lie.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]PonyWhisperer wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:
There’s some problems with the article, one of which is: “Most researchers, scientists, and psychiatrists agree today that sexuality isn’t a choice.”

The implication is that it’s “scientific” that’s it’s not a choice. But that’s a myth. There is no science to support a gay gene, for instance. Now maybe someday this desire, and that’s the extent of what it is now, will bear scientific fruit but we don’t know yet and so it’s now based on emotionalism and feelings – not always the wisest choice but hey, it’s popular to do it.

Then we’ve got: “If you disagree, then just ask yourself about when you weighed the options and made the choice between straight or gay” as well as other implicit accusations that if you disagree it might just be because you’re a closet homosexual yourself, an attempt to slam the door on discussion. It’s an oft repeated ruse used by the Al Gore-ians and the like involving trumpeting on and on about “settled science.” Well, it ain’t settled science. You may want it to to be but you gotta do that based on your oh so precious feelings.

Also, whether one made the choice or not to be heterosexual is not based on a valid scientific principle that leads us to the “fact” that the homosexual did not make a choice.

So go ahead and mount your board and surf the wave so many are on right now. I’m not impressed.
[/quote]

Push,

While scientists have not conclusively found a gay gene, they have found that:

" a 2014 study in the journal Psychological Medicine showed that a gene on the X chromosome (one of the sex chromosomes) called Xq28 and a gene on chromosome 8 seem to be found in higher prevalence in men who are gay. That study, involving more than 400 pairs of gay brothers, followed the 1993 report by geneticist Dean Hamer suggesting the existence of a “gay gene.” Other research has found that being gay or lesbian tends to run in families. It’s also more likely for two identical twins, who share all of their genes, to both be gay than it is for two fraternal twins, who share just half of their genes, to both be homosexual. Those studies also suggest that genes seemed to have a greater influence on the sexual orientation of male versus female identical twins."

Don’t let any of that ruin your response though.[/quote]

Are you going to conveniently ignore the debunking of that “study?”

Whisper Yes or No gently, so my response isn’t ruined.

And don’t forget the unruined response that the field of psychology is one of the most ruined so called “branches” of science. So ruined it can’t honestly be called science.
[/quote]

Push,

The 1993 study was flawed and admittedly was rushed to publication, but the more recent twins studies (of which there are hundreds available) ALL indicate a significantly higher percentage (ranging from 14%-42%) of homosexuality in identical twins (who share the exact genes) than fraternal twins (that don’t) Twins growing up at the same time in the same house with the same parents and looking exactly the same is probably the most solid control group you can find.

It seems pretty clear that the “gayness” decision takes place before birth, regardless of whether you want to believe it or not (not that what you believe on this matters).

As for your “NAMBLA” “PEDOPHILE” rantings, they are just another red herring your sad ilk use to try and scare people from doing what is right. You guys lost (you always do, look at history) maybe you should just move on and accept it.

Also I would like to give Chris Shugart an “attaboy” for writing something like that on this site, that’s actually pretty ballsy.

[quote]OldOgre wrote:

Actually there are tons of studies showing how widespread gayness is in the animal kingdom, Bonobos, BigHorn Rams, Dolphins etc, pretty much every animal out there (not Tigers though because you know, they’re Tigers).

I worked on two different large dairy farms as a teen for several summers, and I’ve seen same sex cattle mounting and humping almost daily when put out to pasture.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

That’s a nice emotional response (did you type that with a tear in your eye too?) that doesn’t qualify as scientific evidence. Does it?

Answer the question. Or surf the wave.[/quote]

Push,

I’m curious to what you actually think dictates sexual orientation - has science proven that it is a choice one way or another? No, not to my knowledge.

However, andecdotal evidence speaks volumes. You have millions of people who will attest to the fact that they have been sexually attracted to members of the same sex for as long as they were able to process such feelings in a cogent manner, e.g., from at least the point where sexual identity developed alongside physical maturity. Whether or not someone developed such feelings pre or post-puberty seems to vary, but true, direct research interviewing humans will reveal those prevailing feelings in many long before they really knew what it all meant.

Personally, while I believe said social scientific research would reveal that it’s not a conscious choice for most, it doesn’t prove genetics. That leaves the answer to lie within a potentially complex set of pre and/or post-natal processes, some perhaps environmental or hormonal, maybe genetic and maybe not, but I don’t see what any of that should really matter. The vast majority of gay and lesbian individuals know, better than anyone else, that they’ve always harbored those feelings.

Personally, I’d actually much prefer to be straight, because life would still be far easier, plus the dating pool would be far greater. I can’t even begin to tell you how much of a social burden that I consider my sexual orientation to be, but that’s another topic - that’s no joke, I just don’t think you can fully relate if you are straight.

[quote]2busy wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]2busy wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Bodybuilding is not the gayest sport on earth, there is always male synchronized swimming.[/quote]

Sure.

Just go right to the deep end of the pool…[/quote]

You dont understand, if I tried to be the gayest, not even the most flaming figure skater would stand a chance…

Well, they would, but I would challenge their supremacy!

BB does not try to be the gayest or we would be.

We just happen to be the second or third gayest, but that is just a coincidence.

In totally unrelated news I am very excited about my new Samsung washing machine I paid an unreasonable amount of money for but it can wash more than 8 kgs and has more than 15 programs and an app!!![/quote]

I was making a word play on synchronized swimming with the “deep end of the pool” comment.

Well, I thought it was funny.
[/quote]

I know, but it was kind of a non-sequitur and how else would you have learned how giddy I am about my new washing maschine?

[quote]pushharder wrote:

You. Cannot. Be. Consistent. If. You. Choose. The. “They can’t help it” option. Because pedophiles will map out their agenda based on the successful results of the gay agenda. And you will have to keep your mouth shut – you won’t be able to pipe up at all because the egg on your face will make you sputter with astounding incoherence.

They, and their supporters, should’ve chosen another route. [/quote]

They didn’t choose the “they can’t help it” option. That may have played a part in what gave gay marriage social validity, but it had nothing to do with what gave it legal validity.

But, legally speaking, children and adults are placed on different levels. It is one thing to have laws that deal with what adults can legally do with one another, and another quite entirely to have laws that deal with what adults can legally do with children.

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]nephorm wrote:

I have quite a bit of sympathy for people who find themselves to be pedophiles (and do not act on it). I don’t think that’s something anyone chooses to be in our culture. We would all benefit if pedophiles could easily find resources to help them deal with the challenge of having constant, strong urges that conflict with moral behavior.

I disagree that it is a logical contradiction, however: the logic includes the fact that homosexual relationships are consensual.

[quote]tsantos wrote:

[quote]pushharder wrote:

[quote]nephorm wrote:

We’re not running a society based upon being logically complete.It should be pretty apparent why a mature guy buttseks-ing another mature guy who wants the D is a different scenario to a kid who is:

• easily influenced/coerced,
  • doesn’t have a grasp of what is being asked of/done to them,
  • isn’t able to adequately weigh up the consequences of their decisions

[/quote]

Well, ancient Greeks practiced what we would call at least “statuatory rape” if not “pedophilia” as a norm.

Not only in the realm of men on boy buttsex, but 14 year old girls were married to men in their 30s.

Bedrock of our civilization.

PS: Thebes had an elite corps of ultra deadly poofters, The Sacred Band.

They wielded a spear with authority and they looked fabulous doing it.