Shredding Diet, Help Please

I am 5’9 205 lbs , done bulking and now want to lose about 10-15 pounds I don’t know my exact bf but using calipers it comes to about 10% I still have visible abs and still vascular but I want to
Lean out a bit for summer my diet is as follows please any help is greatly appreciated

6- 1/3 cup uncooked rolled oats+ 2 scoops whey is
30-45 mins cardio and 5/3/1 I ain’t doing jack shit ( main loft only)
9- 4 large eggs coffee with 2 tbsp cream
12- 8 oz lean ground beef and small salad
3- 1-1.5 cups cooked brown rice+ can of tuna
5- 35 grams of dexterose and cyclic dextrin mixture with 10 g bcaa intra w/o
7- 1 scoop whey pwo after 30 mins liss cardio
7:30- 6 oz sweet potato + 8 oz chicken breast
9:30- 1 cup cottage cheese , .5 scoop whey, 1 tbsp almond butter

Please any help is appreciated

Can you elaborate on your training? Doing main lifts only on 5/3/1 is not enough strength training. Increasing the volume on assistance work will help you lean out. Also, HIIT will yield better results than steady state cardio.

I do the main lifts in the morning and then the assistance work in the evening at 5 pm I throw in hitt sometimes post workout but usually I’m too gassed from the pm session

How many calories are you taking in? Seems like you have most things in order, just need to put in more time and be patient.

My maintence is about 3000 in total that diet is about 2400 155 g carbs 80 g fat and 250 g protein

[quote]DylanPizzacalla wrote:
I am 5’9 205 lbs

I still have visible abs and still vascular[/quote]
If I can give you an objective opinion: That height, weight, and level of leanness is very solid and seriously impressive.

Given your history, just don’t fall into the mental trap of thinking you’re fatter than you really are. If you’re up for tossing up a picture (face blurred/cropped is totally fine), I think you’ll get some good input.

I suggest not focusing on the scale and just stick to how you look. You can drop 10 pounds by drastically cutting carbs, but that’s not guaranteed to get you where you want.

Make your goals more concrete and specific:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=4884698
And then get moving on them. (Ha, I actually gave you that link before, but it’s always good to re-establish/re-visit your goals.)

You’ve made fucking fantastic progress over the last eight months, so one of your top jobs is to make sure you don’t backslide, fall into old habits, and lose that progress. Once you narrow down exactly what you want to do for summer, it might be as simple as tightening things up overall, like you’ve pretty much done, instead of going on a dedicated major fat loss plan.

[quote]DylanPizzacalla wrote:
My maintence is about 3000 in total that diet is about 2400 155 g carbs 80 g fat and 250 g protein [/quote]

I wouldn’t drop calories any more than this. Try to keep eating and training the same for a few more weeks. Take pics now and a month from now and see if you have leaned out a little. If not, increase gym work a little bit and do the same thing.

To be honest I just started doing cardio again do you think I should keep cals higher and do 2 30 minuet cardio sessions ( usually 5-6km ) each I really don’t know anything I just try to read JM s articles considering he’s got an ideal physique

30 minutes of fasted morning walks every day, or 10-15 min HIIT sessions 2-3 times a week would be a good place to start. I see no reason to do steady state cardio as it is shown to not be very beneficial compared to the alternatives.

What would you do for hi it?

My favorite is doing sprints on a football field. Anything works really. As long as you are going all out and raising your heart rate towards peak levels and letting it recover a little before your next sprint. Yesterday I did kettlebell swings and sprints with a jump rope which I enjoyed. I just hate cardio machines haha, but you can do it on the elliptical, rowing machine or stationary bike as well.

Thanks buddy I’ll do hi it sometimes too

Ripsaw has knocked it out of the park in here.

I love seeing productive threads here where people are just helping eachother out.

I am looking for alternatives to machine cardio, what are some other things that work well?

I have access to a commercial gym which actually has kettle bells and tires you can flip and some crossfit stuff.

I am also interested in how you quantify it. A certain number of sprints, a certain number of swings, or a certain amount of total time?
I am on phase two of a mountain dog phase and just do not have time or willingness to elliptical for an hour any more.

[quote]MiJuggernaut wrote:
I am looking for alternatives to machine cardio, what are some other things that work well?

I have access to a commercial gym which actually has kettle bells and tires you can flip and some crossfit stuff.

I am also interested in how you quantify it. A certain number of sprints, a certain number of swings, or a certain amount of total time?
I am on phase two of a mountain dog phase and just do not have time or willingness to elliptical for an hour any more.[/quote]

I try to work in anything as long as there’s a 10-30 sec period in there of balls to the wall work and enough recovery between rounds. I personally like to go by time, just to have consistency across all kinds of cardio whether swings, hammer strikes, or a bike.

Really suprised that people dont recomend jump ropes more often. It really is not hard to learn. you can go from school yard to apolo creed very easy once you learn the basics and it is perfect for HIIT

May want to sub some of those starchy carbs out for veggies, maybe drop back carbs in general to 50g and build up from there until you find a balance. I have seen that work pretty well for clients especially after a bulk run to regain insulin sensitivity.

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Really suprised that people dont recomend jump ropes more often. It really is not hard to learn. you can go from school yard to apolo creed very easy once you learn the basics and it is perfect for HIIT[/quote]

It’s one of my favorites. Back in high school weights class, we did a ton of jump rope agility work. I was a lineman and it was killer for working on my foot speed.

My favourite is Cosgrove Complex.

or stair/hills

[quote]Waittz wrote:
Really suprised that people dont recomend jump ropes more often. It really is not hard to learn. you can go from school yard to apolo creed very easy once you learn the basics and it is perfect for HIIT[/quote]
Ya I Need to do this waittz,I just never give myself the time to practice It.Gotta change that.