Shredded, Strong, Muscled - A Quest

I am easing off on the volume of my chest workouts. My back needs to catch up and I have an overpowering chest. So right now it’s refine and stay strong.

Quick rest periods today, a medium amount of volume. Went for the pump on most stuff.

I am doing a double today training shoulders tonight. Reason being I want them to be fresh when I train them and want to add a press in there.

Incline Press

45 x 12
45 x 12
135 x 8
135 x 8
205 x 6
245 x 6
315 x 3 —> 225 x 12

The 315 was easy, not taken to failure today. I am not sure if I want to shoot for 4 or 5 next time or bump 5-10 pounds and keep at the triples.

Flat Bench To The Nexk, Some Paused Reps

185 x 15
225 x 6
135 x 13

Flat Fly

40s x 20
40s x 20
20s x 20 - Then 10 reps DB Bench

Tricep Dips, better form and squeeze then usual

Skulls, same, focus was controlled reps

60 x 12
60 x 12
60 x 12

1 Arm OH Ext

20 x 15
20 x 15
20 x 15

do you use BCAAs or anything before the fasted cardio?

[quote]rds63799 wrote:
do you use BCAAs or anything before the fasted cardio? [/quote]

No I do not. I did use humapro (EAAs) on another cut when fasting for longer periods of time.

I am a firm believer that there is a lot of grey areas with everything. Meaning the body is so complex that it can adapt and grow and do whatever under many different conditions and there is no black and white. I’ve proved this to myself just from years of training and realizing how complicated we make a simple task.

Anyways before ranting. I may add humapro back in when I pick the intensity of my cardio up.

FMC has been walking, which is very low intensity and although I walk 4-5 miles a day, with that low intensity I don’t think there will be too much affect on losing muscle tissue. If anything I feel like it helps my recovery.

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
I am easing off on the volume of my chest workouts. My back needs to catch up and I have an overpowering chest. So right now it’s refine and stay strong.

Quick rest periods today, a medium amount of volume. Went for the pump on most stuff.

I am doing a double today training shoulders tonight. Reason being I want them to be fresh when I train them and want to add a press in there.

Incline Press

45 x 12
45 x 12
135 x 8
135 x 8
205 x 6
245 x 6
315 x 3 —> 225 x 12

The 315 was easy, not taken to failure today. I am not sure if I want to shoot for 4 or 5 next time or bump 5-10 pounds and keep at the triples.

Flat Bench To The Nexk, Some Paused Reps

185 x 15
225 x 6
135 x 13

Flat Fly

40s x 20
40s x 20
20s x 20 - Then 10 reps DB Bench

Tricep Dips, better form and squeeze then usual

Skulls, same, focus was controlled reps

60 x 12
60 x 12
60 x 12

1 Arm OH Ext

20 x 15
20 x 15
20 x 15[/quote]

A continuation of today’s training. May I say one of the best shoulder workouts I have had. Delts have been a legging muscle group.

I did a few things different. I started with a press, and did the reps very strict squeezing hard at the top. Weight was lighter than usual, but muscle was worked more.

I also tried some new exercises including DB upright row and Rear delt row, plus finished with kettlebell swings, another keeper.

I did rotator cuffs and abs as well. I will always double session Chest/Tris, with Delts at night. Just a great workout. I am also seeing results daily on the leanness. I love it. I am not counting macros yet and things are going so well, I can’t wait to get even more detailed.

Db Seated (90 degrees) Press

20s x 12
40s x 10
60s x 8
60s x 7

DB Upright Row

20 x 12
30 x 12
40 x 12

Side Lateral very strict, chest puffed, trap relaxed, arms to sides

10s x 20
20s x 15
20s x 15

Rear Delt Row

20 x 12
40 x 12
60 x 12

Kettlebell Swing

20 x 12
40 x 12
60 x 12

Rotator cuffs and abs.

Might can it on the cardio tonight. I’ll do HIIT tomorrow night LISS as usual in the AM

Nice work going on here. At some point you should try db 1 arm upright rows. They really kill the medial delt.

[quote]jtownlax wrote:
Nice work going on here. At some point you should try db 1 arm upright rows. They really kill the medial delt.[/quote]

Thanks for stopping by brother. I actually did those yesterday. Loved them.

Making some adjustments. Cutting back on LISS to just one 30 minute session on most days. And will be addding HIIT sprints in beginning tonight. I have legs to train today and will be going hard. I’ll sprint after.

This morning, 2 cups black coffee, 30 minute walk (2 miles)

Not going to rant too much, but this is the first time in my life I’ve woken up every morning so motivated to train that it’s all I think about.

The reason is, is that I am seeing results, and have realistic goals.

I love it, and I love life!

Not going to rant too much, but this is the first time in my life I’ve woken up every morning so motivated to train that it’s all I think about.

I love it, and I love life![/quote]

I know the feeling. Keep it up, man…it’s great to see somebody crushing it like you are right now.

[quote]Serge A. Storms wrote:

I love it, and I love life![/quote]

I know the feeling. Keep it up, man…it’s great to see somebody crushing it like you are right now.

[/quote]

Thanks buddy. Starving this morning, just a few more hours until I can eat! Going to try the good ol’ fill the belly with water, lose my appetite trick.

Anyways definitely crushing it today!!

Had some ground beef, 8-10 oz or so to break my fast with some bread. We’ll call it hamburgers without the fixings. I notice when I am hungry, drinking water and waiting and hour or so, the hunger subsides. I feel like there are times when you are truly hungry and other times where you mind is just so used to eating at particular times that it makes fake hunger.

Anyways nailing front squats then a ton of unilateral leg work soon. Also excited to sprint tonight.

Quads, great workout. Going to hit hammies later tonight with sprints.

Front Squat (Lots of warm-up, I like that to open up the hips)

Bw x 5
Bw x 5
45 x 5
45 x 5
135 x 5
135 x 5
205 x 5

260 x 5
260 x 5
260 x 5
260 x 5
260 x 5

Bulgarian Split Squat (Reps per leg)

45 x 8
65 x 8
95 x 8
105 x 8

Step Ups

40 x 12
70 x 12
90 x 12

Goblet Squat

40 x 15
60 x 15
85 x 15

you look high as fuark in the thumbnail

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
you look high as fuark in the thumbnail[/quote]

I know, and I changed it, but obviously…it didn’t update lol. Fuggit

Here is how I finished tonight.

Sprints, outdoors- Starting slow…first time sprinting in 6 months. Brutal if you go all out. I’m a good sprinter so I enjoy it, but come a few sprints I’m ready to yack.

4 sets of 10 second all out sprints with 3.5-4 minute walk between. Also I did a 10 minute brisk walk warm-up beforehand.

GHRs full range of motion this time or at least more than usual.
x8
x8
x8

Seated Calve Raises - 2 second pause squeeze at the top, very slow negative, explosive positive. Stretching in between. Burned

135 x 10
225 x 10
225 x 10
225 x 10
135 x 10

Eating twice more tonight, trying to figure it out.

Taking today off from weights. Still fasting until 2 PM but no cardio this morning. I’ll probably knock out 45 minutes tonight.

Food today was light with the low amount of work.

Fasted -

11am - 2 cups black coffee

1:30pm - 6 eggs, 4 slices thin sliced deli meat, 1 oz peanuts, roasted, salts

4:30pm - 2 oz peanuts, roasted, salted

5:30pm - 3/4 cup fresh string beans, 10-12oz lean beef, 1.5 medium white potatoes, a few carrots, onions and celery.

6:30 - 2 cups black coffe

Going for an hour of LISS later.

When I am home it’s either tuna or 6 eggs, no carbs or very minimal amounts, maybe more peanuts.

Surprisingly, I am stuffed today, absolutely stuffed after dinner, maybe it was the starchy potato. Since I haven’t been very active today I kept carbs at bay, just had them with dinner.

I poured a glass of red wine, felt guilty after a sip and dumped it down the drain. Didn’t like wasting it, but whatever.

Big workout coming tomorrow, back and biceps.

So far I have only weighed myself 3 days this week.

M - 211.4
T - 211
W - 210.2

So down 1.2 lbs over the past 3 days, I’ll take it.

30 minutes FMC

Morning weight 209.4…

Idk if I am dropping weight too quickly we will see.

Back and Biceps today, I’m excited, some more cardio too!

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
this

also, fitness models aren’t supposed to bench 400+

[quote]browndisaster wrote:

[quote]spar4tee wrote:
this

also, fitness models aren’t supposed to bench 400+[/quote]

Lol, the thumbnail is different on my actual youtube channel! I am pissed. I’ll try editing the post to fix.

Well there is a first time for everything!