Shredded in 6 Days Results

Hey,

On Wednesday I will start the water manipulation program called shredded in 6 days. I’ve never done it before but always wanted to try!

My stats
Height: 5´10 (178cm)
Weight: 188-191 lbs (86-87kg)

I’ve attached some photos to see my current leanness. I do not know my bf but I’m guessing I’m around level 3 as described in the article. I would like to hear what bf you guys think I’m at!

I’m going to do the program as written, except I won’t use any diuretics ( no time to get hold of it) and no Epsom salt bath (no access to bathtub).
I’ve been steady drinking 2-2.5 gallons of water for quite some time now and starting on wednesday I will bump it up.

During Carbload day I will eat the following:

meal 1:
100g dried raisins
100g apple (2 apples)
100g Pear (1 pear)
50g Banana (1 banana)

This makes a total of 103g Carbs, tried to chose fruits with a lot of fructose.

Meal 2-4
400g sweet potato each meal (80g carbs each meal)

meal 5
Protein bar similar to Finibar in macros.

Meal 6
waffles, pancakes or similar. Depends how I look and feel.
Same goes for breakfast day after.

I will start this program already being carb depleted for 10 days (finishing off “get shredded diet”) so therefore I decided to stick with the higher range of carbs suggested in the article.

My only concern is that I’m not too lean yet, however I will give this a try anyways.

Any advice regarding my set up or how to optimize the result are greatly welcomed !

Why?

Where’s the rest of your food? And yes, why are you doing this? Just for shits and gigs?

Who cares what your BF% is. It’s just a stupid number people obsess about. Just use the mirror and progress in the gym. Regardless, you do look rather lean to begin with.

[quote]Steez wrote:
Where’s the rest of your food? And yes, why are you doing this? Just for shits and gigs?

Who cares what your BF% is. It’s just a stupid number people obsess about. Just use the mirror and progress in the gym. Regardless, you do look rather lean to begin with. [/quote]

To answer the why;
I’ve always been interested in trying and see the effects and results of this program. So one part is just for shits and gigs and the other part is because I’m an identical-twin. We’ve Always been very competitive with each-other and this could be a way to show off !

As for the food;
I only listed the carbs on the carb-up day because the program emphasizes on them. For the days before I will eat low-carb, steak and eggs style with some small portion vegetables.

as for the carb-up day I was thinking to have around 100g protein from eggs, pork, and chicken. The Article states to stop eating as soon as you feel stomach tightness so not sure how much of meat I can consume in addition to the sweet potato until I feel the tightness.

So you are just going to mess up your water levels and then what

[quote]cparker wrote:
So you are just going to mess up your water levels and then what[/quote]

Well, take pictures, photo shoot. Learn from it as it seems tricky to get right the first time.

I have a write up in Biotest supplements forum.

I did it because i was getting reading for a competition and wanted to see how I would react to it. Mentally and physically.

Good luck.

[quote]JFG wrote:
I have a write up in Biotest supplements forum.

I did it because i was getting reading for a competition and wanted to see how I would react to it. Mentally and physically.

Good luck.[/quote]

JFG,
Thanks for sharing! Sorry to hear about your life spiraling out shortly after, I hope it is back on track now!

JFG could you link to that?

I say good luck with it! I’ve always been curious to try it

[quote]Yogi wrote:
JFG could you link to that?

I say good luck with it! I’ve always been curious to try it[/quote]

thanks Yogi ! Same here, we’ll see if I succeed…

I’ll be following as well. I’ve done water cuts for strongman/PL that utilize similar concepts, but the way you manipulate carbs here is different. Water loading is essentially the same.

I’m pretty sure they used the MAG-10 fast because of it, but can’t confirm…

Yeah, ego at work here.

And yes, things are a little better. Lost over 35 pounds in the last 6 months (long story), doing 5 Pro’s (5/3/1) to get back into it. Hoping to start the BBB challenge next month, but we will see. Not getting injured is number 1 right now.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I’ll be following as well. I’ve done water cuts for strongman/PL that utilize similar concepts, but the way you manipulate carbs here is different. Water loading is essentially the same.[/quote]

Ok, cool! were you successful in your water cuts? I’ve planned to eat sweet potatoes as my carb source and I will have to eat around 6.6 lbs (3kg) to get 600g of carbs. That’s a lot of potatoes!

[quote]JFG wrote:

I’m pretty sure they used the MAG-10 fast because of it, but can’t confirm…

Yeah, ego at work here.

And yes, things are a little better. Lost over 35 pounds in the last 6 months (long story), doing 5 Pro’s (5/3/1) to get back into it. Hoping to start the BBB challenge next month, but we will see. Not getting injured is number 1 right now.[/quote]

Sad to hear, but good that things are slowly getting better ! I’ve done Beyond 531 and I really loved it ! Planning on going back on 531 after summer and do cycles of it for a at least a full year I think. Maybe 2 !

[quote]Nonstop wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I’ll be following as well. I’ve done water cuts for strongman/PL that utilize similar concepts, but the way you manipulate carbs here is different. Water loading is essentially the same.[/quote]

Ok, cool! were you successful in your water cuts? I’ve planned to eat sweet potatoes as my carb source and I will have to eat around 6.6 lbs (3kg) to get 600g of carbs. That’s a lot of potatoes![/quote]

6 pounds of potatoes??? holy hell that’s a lot. Although I guess it’s not all in one sitting.

I was, yea. The recent one was the best one I’ve done. My morning fasted weight was about 193 a couple weeks out, and I ended up weighing in at 181. By the time I lifted 24 hours later, I was back up in the mid 190’s. And I had very little discomfort throughout the process. My re-feed day consisted of pedialyte, Plazma, Eggs, bacon, waffles, potatoes, and a few burgers. Can’t remember what else I ate.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

[quote]Nonstop wrote:

[quote]flipcollar wrote:

Ok, cool! were you successful in your water cuts? I’ve planned to eat sweet potatoes as my carb source and I will have to eat around 6.6 lbs (3kg) to get 600g of carbs. That’s a lot of potatoes![/quote]

6 pounds of potatoes??? holy hell that’s a lot. Although I guess it’s not all in one sitting.

I was, yea. The recent one was the best one I’ve done. My morning fasted weight was about 193 a couple weeks out, and I ended up weighing in at 181. By the time I lifted 24 hours later, I was back up in the mid 190’s. And I had very little discomfort throughout the process. My re-feed day consisted of pedialyte, Plazma, Eggs, bacon, waffles, potatoes, and a few burgers. Can’t remember what else I ate.[/quote]

according to my calculations its 6.6 pounds of potatoes! (sweet potato 20g carb/100g) It’s not all in one sitting of course but its the total intake spread throughout the carb-up day and following breakfeast depending on how I look/feel.

So On day 2 now, Must say I was surprised that I didnt go more often to the toilet yesterday. I was awake a long time (20hours) so I drank around 3.5 gallons of water instead of 3. Also, I find myself thirsty throughout the day!

So you were just a couple of lbs heavier than me then! How tall are you? Thats a big drop of weight in such short time !

I’m 5’10. And yea it’s a decent drop, but very manageable if planned correctly. I’ve heard of much bigger drops though. I know someone who dropped about 30 lbs in the same time period, from like 225 to under 198. He was miserable doing it, almost quit a few hours before he made weight. But he got it done. There are claims of 40 lbs weight cuts as well for heavier guys. When you get into those sorts of water cuts, it becomes much more dangerous, and you have to utilize additional water extra methods. Prescription diuretics and super hot baths come into play.

I did it for a contest a while back and it works for sure. You might not be lean enough for it to work, and for that reason I’m interested to see the results here. I always heard you had to be REALLY lean for it to be noticeable.

If you want to see my results check here:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/Lonnie123#myForums/thread/5115124/7

I’m on mobile otherwise I’d link the pics, but that thread has both sets. Keep us posted on your results.

[quote]flipcollar wrote:
I’m 5’10. And yea it’s a decent drop, but very manageable if planned correctly. I’ve heard of much bigger drops though. I know someone who dropped about 30 lbs in the same time period, from like 225 to under 198. He was miserable doing it, almost quit a few hours before he made weight. But he got it done. There are claims of 40 lbs weight cuts as well for heavier guys. When you get into those sorts of water cuts, it becomes much more dangerous, and you have to utilize additional water extra methods. Prescription diuretics and super hot baths come into play.[/quote]

Wow, thats crazy !

[quote]Lonnie123 wrote:
I did it for a contest a while back and it works for sure. You might not be lean enough for it to work, and for that reason I’m interested to see the results here. I always heard you had to be REALLY lean for it to be noticeable.

If you want to see my results check here:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/hub/Lonnie123#myForums/thread/5115124/7

I’m on mobile otherwise I’d link the pics, but that thread has both sets. Keep us posted on your results. [/quote]

That’s some good results there Lonnie123!

yes, this is my main concern too but I wanted to try it anyways, always good to have a reference point for the future!