SHREDDED, a Documentary

I thought they all looked the same at the end of the 8months lol…the kid at the end looked very dillusional. ‘I didn;t need steroids to reach my goal and neither do you’.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

[quote]austin_bicep wrote:
“My legs are big enough, I don’t really want to get them bigger.”

Pussy[/quote]

One of my favorite lines.

Honestly, I feel bad for these kids. They obviously haven’t located good information. They don’t really have any idea what they are talking about, but they’re young and inexperienced…they’re not suppose to. They’re suppose to get information from outside sources at this point…and it sounds as if they are…unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like many of their outside sources are to educated either. The sad part, to me, is even if these kids learn…there are so many out there going down the same path that wont…[/quote]

x2

My son is now 18, and although he’s not into bbing, I’d feel really bad if he was obsessed with something yet was completely misinformed about how to excel in it.

Too much hate in this thread.
I pity the boys :confused:

Maybe we could start a T-Muscle Outreach Program for the Deluded/Misinformed Bodybuilder/Muscle Athlete.

I’d take on the promising female cases.

@thefederalist
As per your profile you’re 43. Way too old to go around exhibiting schadenfreude about some deluded kiddos, don’t you think?

But, come on, let’s play:
Your face is ugly.
Are you suffering from Progeria?

Just kidding, bro.

[quote]FattyFat wrote:
Too much hate in this thread.
I pity the boys :confused:

Maybe we could start a T-Muscle Outreach Program for the Deluded/Misinformed Bodybuilder/Muscle Athlete.

I’d take on the promising female cases.

@thefederalist
As per your profile you’re 43. Way too old to go around exhibiting schadenfreude about some deluded kiddos, don’t you think?

But, come on, let’s play:
Your face is ugly.
Are you suffering from Progeria?

Just kidding, bro.
[/quote]

I’m not 43, brah. I’m 20. lol @ progeria.

Gimme a break

thanks alot for bringing this fuckery back up. had to watch all the old-school bb vids they had on that site just to ease my rage a bit

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
“When I’m out of Protein Powder…” (and grabs a single egg white.

Wow, sadly these kids have no clue. Of course I think most of ‘this generation’ (I don’t know how else to put it) doesn’t realize how much their BBing idols eat real food and not every powder and pill they see in magazine ads.

S[/quote]

I blame FLEX magazine.

“When Zack Khan REALLY wants to build some mass, he looks no further than Crea-X-Plode from Advanced Research Nutroceuticals [as opposed to exotic testosterone esters from countries that no longer exist and HGH extracted from Dodo bird’s pituitaries]”

[quote]The Mighty Stu wrote:
“When I’m out of Protein Powder…” (and grabs a single egg white.

Wow, sadly these kids have no clue. Of course I think most of ‘this generation’ (I don’t know how else to put it) doesn’t realize how much their BBing idols eat real food and not every powder and pill they see in magazine ads.

S[/quote]

A couple of years ago my then 15 or 16 year old nephew was arguing with me that Jay Cutler is natural, and that he got that big from MustleTech supps. He was dead serious too. I tried breaking it down for him but he wasn’t having it.

[quote]Dre the Hatchet wrote:

I blame FLEX magazine.[/quote]

I don’t because they used the exact same sales tactics when I was in high school. That was why I was buying boron and smilax thinking it was like steroids. The difference is, that shit only lasts as long as you are a beginner because no one gets massive by relying on a “magic feather” as useless as most random supplements. That is why everyone who thinks that way looks like a total newb.

The one thing that is different is the overexposure of “steroids” in the media. Because of this, every newb now pretty much thinks it is hopeless to even try to get big unless a boatload of drugs are on hand.

[quote]benos4752 wrote:

Honestly, I feel bad for these kids. They obviously haven’t located good information. They don’t really have any idea what they are talking about, but they’re young and inexperienced…they’re not suppose to. They’re suppose to get information from outside sources at this point…and it sounds as if they are…unfortunately, it doesn’t sound like many of their outside sources are to educated either. The sad part, to me, is even if these kids learn…there are so many out there going down the same path that wont…[/quote]

At some point, yes, you do blame the kids. Yes, I believed vanadyl sulfate was the key to massive pumps in the gym. Hell, at least 5 different pros were repping it back then along with everyone I knew who lifted in high school…so it had to work.

However, once again, that didn’t last long. I also had ZERO guidance from any adults as far as this was concerned so i did my own research…at a LIBRARY…a medical library in the medical center.

I guess we can’t expect kids to do any more than log into the internet now yet we wonder why so many are this clueless.

Doesnt every kid start off this way tho? Just a bit misinformed? I think there needs to be a better education process for the world of Exercise and Fitness period. The truth is out there, but it seems every kid has to dig through lies and exaggeration to get to a place where they finally understand things.

So what I mostly got from this was that steroids = Mr. Olympia. Got it.

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Doesnt every kid start off this way tho? Just a bit misinformed? [/quote]

Yes and no.
It seems kids today are more confused. Back when I first started, I followed Arnold’s book, then Franco’s book. I made great gains because I ate like a pig. All us noobs back then knew you would only grow if you ate everything “that wasn’t nailed down”.

Within 2 years my gains tapered and eventually back-tracked because I read too much. I was reading so many conflicting things, and fell for all the hypes being sold that I lost sight of the basics.
Today’s kids have SO many things coming at them it’s no wonder they’re confused.

The sad parts of that vid were that those kids focused on getting ripped before they had ANY mass at all, and the worst of it was how they reigned themselves to the “fact” that they would NEVER get big without drugs.

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

[quote]FrozenNinja wrote:
Doesnt every kid start off this way tho? Just a bit misinformed? [/quote]

Yes and no.
It seems kids today are more confused. Back when I first started, I followed Arnold’s book, then Franco’s book. I made great gains because I ate like a pig. All us noobs back then knew you would only grow if you ate everything “that wasn’t nailed down”.

Within 2 years my gains tapered and eventually back-tracked because I read too much. I was reading so many conflicting things, and fell for all the hypes being sold that I lost sight of the basics.
Today’s kids have SO many things coming at them it’s no wonder they’re confused.

The sad parts of that vid were that those kids focused on getting ripped before they had ANY mass at all, and the worst of it was how they reigned themselves to the “fact” that they would NEVER get big without drugs. [/quote]

…which is the exact same mentality we see here often. You have kids worrying about whether they are “16%” body fat when they are carrying 0% muscle yet their primary concern is DIETING before they ever gain any size.

It is no wonder so few people here are actually big at all.

They will read a poster who is big talk about how lean he wants to stay when that same guy bulked up like everyone else at the start when he was gaining that solid base of mass and strength.

I followed the big guys in the gym. What I didn’t do was sit down in front of a computer and think I could read my way to big muscles.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
What I didn’t do was sit down in front of a computer and think I could read my way to big muscles.[/quote]

The part in the vid that I was almost yelling at was where that kid was already defeated because of a software app that basically told him he would never get big without drugs.
I think Casey Butt wrote that app.

lol

[quote]Professor X wrote:
I followed the big guys in the gym. What I didn’t do was sit down in front of a computer and think I could read my way to big muscles.[/quote]

I call bullshit! :slight_smile:

brb … taking my protein/creatine drug shortcut

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
The part in the vid that I was almost yelling at was where that kid was already defeated because of a software app that basically told him he would never get big without drugs.
[/quote]

That actually ticked me off. My son is 6 and he knows he will get punished for saying “I can’t”.

I only watched the first 3 minutes of this video and honestly… I feel bad for these kids. The one kid who made the weight vest and wants to be 230lbs seemed ok (granted I didnt watch the whole thing) but the other guys were just so misinformed.

The kid sitting on the toilet doing side bends with the ball between his knees? Come on man.

This just goes to show what a strong male role model/influence can have on a young guys life. They need a dad, uncle, brother, cousin, coach or someone who knows what they’re doing to show/teach them the basics. The tried and true “lift big, eat big, get big” strategy.

Reminds me of something a great champion once said:

“everybody wants to be a bodybuilder but no body wants to lift these heavy ass weights.” lol

The real question is…what exactly is this a documentary of? Are they attempting to act as if this is how most kids think now?

If most do act like this, that whole generation is fucked. they might as well give up and simply hope their own kids aren’t pussies when they grow up.