Show YOUR Strongman Videos

I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread to share all of our videos in one place.

I`ll start off with a video of my competition yesterday.

The only one that has anything to say is a spammer? I’m disappointed.

Nice vid.

You’re just lucky I didn’t show up to CARP Moosy. I’m getting all mine added up to youtube. I’ll get them up here soon enough.

I’m sure we’ll get the chance to compete against each other again next year. I plan to attempt OSM 2011.

Awesome! right now that is kinda the plan for us on team barbarian, A couple of us are gonna attempt it next year.

Nice Avatar, I know which other part of this site you hang out in.

You guys better not take up all of the spots so I can’t get in lol.

I’m planning on adding quite a few pounds this year, so hopefully it will pay off next year. What is your plan for the winter?

Nice video moosy. I’m doing my first competition this Saturday, so I’ll be sure to post video after.

Good luck Coach, whats the list of events?

This is my channel. www.youtube.com/user/thosebananas

Pressing Medly Training, Some meaty 18inch Deads and some Meaty Squats.

[quote]moosy wrote:
Good luck Coach, whats the list of events?[/quote]

1.) Axle clean and Dead: 200 lbs., 60 second time limit
2.) Car Deadlift: approx 500 lbs.
3.) Yoke/Keg carry medley: 500 lbs yoke/185 lbs keg
4.) Tire Flip: 500 lb tire, 60 ft.
5.) Atlas stones: 5 stones to a 48 inch platform with a 60 sec time limit; 200/220/240/275/295#

With this being my first comp I’m competing as a novice; I weigh 275 and have handled all of these in training, so my goal is to finish every event and have some fun.

That’s a nice gym you train in Bannannas, beats the hell out of my basement.

And good luck Coach, sounds like a good comp to get your feet wet. I started off at a real light competition. And While I still can’t handle the super heavy comps I plan on being at that level next year.

[quote]moosy wrote:
Nice Avatar, I know which other part of this site you hang out in.

You guys better not take up all of the spots so I can’t get in lol.

I’m planning on adding quite a few pounds this year, so hopefully it will pay off next year. What is your plan for the winter?[/quote]

I’m looking to improve conditioning this winter, that and get my pressing up. Too many shoulder problems past two years. I’m probably gonna clean up my diet, drop a few, get faster, and stronger.

My next two goals are the 300 per hand farmers and lapping our 380 lb stone. My pressing will come with time if I can nail the other events.

I definitely need to get my pressing up. and Get more implements. I move into the new house next week, than i get to start filling the back yard with goodies.

Not a comp video, just me and my toys

[video]794[/video]

just had one of the best events sessions of my life yesterday.

I hit:
370kg/820lbs yoke for 10m which was a 50kg/110lbs PB
170kg/375lbs a hand farmers for 10m which was a 30kg/66lb a hand PB
160kg/352lb stone loaded which was a 22kg/50lb PB

Im Scott, and im 4 weeks out from World Natural Strongman in Hungary. My training partner, Ken, is 5 weeks post coming 9th at the UKs and tearing his hamstring.

Nice Session Scott. If I could hit those numbers I’d have a chance at strongest man in my Province. How long have you been at the strongman game for, and how long have you been lifting?

Here’s my video from the competition last week:

All in all I had a blast and really look forward to competing again. There were 7 novices, and they split me and one other guy off as heavyweight novices. I accomplished my goal of finishing all 5 events, and even won the yoke/keg carry medley and was the only novice to load all 5 stones.

The next comp around here will be in Feb/March and I definitely plan on competing; I want to actually drop a little bit of weight and improve my conditioning, which should happen pretty naturally as I continue working on the events themselves and clean up the diet a little bit more…

Just for you moosy, here’s a link to my channel with some of my videos so far.

EDIT didn’t like the channel, so one video and the rest are there. yay to failing to finish the power stairs…
Loading more as I go… more to come.