T Nation

Show Prep

Shadow,

Thanks for taking time out of your day to answer questions for all who ask. I took off a year to get bigger and now at 233 8% BF I plan on hitting the stage to bring it home this summer in a few shows. The cycle below will be strictly to grow some more before I hit my pre contest prep.

Week 1-18
400mg GP Test Cyp per week
600mg EQ
20mcg pharm grade IGF-1 5 times a week 15 minutes after workout
HCG: 500 IU/wk

Precontest
test-p, mast, and winny 4 weeks out
A-dex: 0.5 mg every day

i’m not shadow, but that cycle’s a mess, for your goals… FWIW, that’s not much of a bulker, nor is the cutting phase long enough to really shed fat. but anyway…

i don’t know many people who were very impressed with the size building aspects of IGF-1, but more so the fat burning and injury healing. you might be better served to add that in your contest prep phase instead of your bulking phase.

I don’t think its a mess as I’m lean versus fat as you can see in the pic and my diet is the key to gaining as I’ve gained 28 pound in a year naturally nothing else. I could push the envelope to grow like the monsters of the NPC world but as of right now thats not my goal until next year to make it to the nationals in Miami. This small compound is to help get another 15 or so pounds without gorging myself with food is all.

Ive heard IGF worked both ways but mainly for healing not burning fat thanks for the advice.

No offense but im not sure you know what kind of level the npc competitors are on, best of luck either way

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
i’m not shadow, but that cycle’s a mess, for your goals… FWIW, that’s not much of a bulker, nor is the cutting phase long enough to really shed fat. but anyway…

i don’t know many people who were very impressed with the size building aspects of IGF-1, but more so the fat burning and injury healing. you might be better served to add that in your contest prep phase instead of your bulking phase.
[/quote]

This^^^^

100% know how they push the limits and what they are on but my goal for now at the shows I’m doing is to come back from over a year off to place top two in all shows enter now once nationals come I’m hiring a coach etc and will reside in Vegas while prepping but until now ill do my research and see how I feel. Hiring a coach etc is an easy way for cycles to be built due to them doing the work and docs assisting until then ill do my best without hurting myself is all