Show Off Your Pets

Haha, now I’m imagining myself climbing over the giant chain and maul, getting the safety helmet out of the way on the seat along with the big, filthy jug of water (“you’re not giving BUTTONS that water, are you?”), being careful not to dislodge the chainsaw shoved into the back of the seat or the console jammed full with ancient protein bars and weird tools…and beginning to tidy the truck by doing fabric repair. My husband’s face! Hahaha.

No. I only get into the truck when I’m wearing dirt-colored clothes and either want to spend time on this mountain or am off to buy things too big for the rest of the fleet to carry:

2 Likes

Here is the truck in question 5-6 years ago. To give you an idea of the challenge. Buttons likes it, though. Lotta smells in there…

IMG_1318

2 Likes

I was thinking you could buy the can and just hand it to him. :rofl:

Just curious, but is this mountain the one you’re standing on or the one that the picture is of?

It looks like the one where you’re standing falls straight away , but the other is more nicely sloped.

Standing on, and yes, it’s a drop from where I’m standing. Here’s another from a little further back. I’ve followed what I now understand is my extremely sketchy man down this side of the mountain (he better not convince Buttons that he “sees a path”), which felt a little death-wishy, but there are nice level areas on the land. It’s really beautiful. It’s one of the maybe three places Buttons doesn’t have to be dragged out of the car by the harness. She always likes going in the car, but so far she only wants to get out at home, on that mountain, or where we go winter hiking.

1 Like

:joy:

Yeah! I use that phrase all the time!

It might be a deer path, but its a path. :grinning:

1 Like

Lucy joined me for arms today!!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

Lucy always looks like such an incredibly good girl. It’s happy-making.

She is!!! It’s hard to look at her and not smile!

DAD…DAD… I was sitting here!

8 Likes

I just want to give him a big, smushy kiss on the forehead.

1 Like

Mama gives him tons. He’s a ladies man.

My wife just took in our golden doodle Piper for what we think is pyometra ,as she just finished her heat. Vet thinks the same, so she’s going in for emergency hysterectomy within the hour. Scary when your dog seems the fine the night before, but struggles to even stand the next morning.

Worst feeling in the world is when your pet is experiencing discomfort and there’s nothing you can do. :confused:

S

4 Likes

Good luck.

1 Like

It was pyometra and we caught it early so the surgery was a success. She’s already grabbing her leash and wanting to go for a walk. Big difference when two days ago I was carrying her down the stairs in the morning to go to the bathroom and when she came back in, laid in her bed and wouldn’t get up again.

4 Likes

One of my dogs has seizures, but just had his first grand mal seizure. It lasted about 10 minutes, but it is so hard to have your pup convulsing and not able to do much about it.

We are going to the vet to see what we can do to prevent them.

Here he is taking a nap like a human.

8 Likes

He’s tough as nails!!! My neighbors dog had seizers. They were able to give him medicine that stopped them. Good luck.

2 Likes

Thank you! He snaps out of them, and he is right back to normal (which is hyper, and wanting attention). I think we can probably find a treatment for him, but I worry about any side effects. My other dog has to take a few meds, and we have had to discontinue a few. Prednisone made him an A hole, and an allergy pill made him shit everywhere.

1 Like

I wonder if cannabis can help dogs with seizures similar to how it may help humans.

1 Like