I used to do:
off
legs
shoulders and arms
off
off
back
calves
But I got to try something new. I was either too overtrained or too relaxed. So I’m doing almost everything twice aweek. I don’t know if it’s good idea, but I’m through half the foirst week of split, but I won’t able to dot do it toda.y. I will have to give it a couple of weeks and see if it works. it’s like:
off
push (chest, lateral delt and triceps)
pull (back, bic, brachialis, rear delt)
ff
push
pull combined with legs (squats, pully rows, deadlift and bic)
offo

And the push and pull days are different. For example when I do heavy db rows, I do more of a contraction exercise for bic. When I do back exercises with less bic involved I do drag curls or normal ones really heavy.
I’m skinny so don’t hink I think like I can give advice. I’m just sharing my splits.

Edit: I too beat the muscles to death. And the result was the more I give the more I’m overtrained and the more shitty workout was next day. So I hope that more frequent training will give better results to me and you too.

thanks for the replies fellas, stu thanks for your input…happy birthday to me 37!!! christ time flies!!!

As said i’ve been doing this for several years now 5+, i started later in life, in my 30’s, throughout my twenties i was a skinny bastard, the only thing i lifted was a scotch here and there, a stripper off my lap, a Marlboro, and maybe a slice or two of pizza a day…

I consider myself fairly knowledgeable, as per my lady’s contest prep, I by and large, w/ the input from others, do all of her carb manipulation, training protocol, splits - plyo and hitt added to the weights, plus other cardio S&M bullshit to suck the fat off of her.

the truth is i don’t always follow my own advices when it comes to designing a training and nutrition program, it’s been easy to sit back and go…oh…oh…i’m getting close to 40, not much gaining left. oh…oh…close to 40 i can’t get that lean, i can’t eat like that, bla,blabla.

going from 140 to nearly 230, and now back down to about 210lb…it’sbeen easy to say lookie lookie what i did!!!

BIG FUCKING SHIT ASSHOLE. i’m still gaining-refining-learning but I WANT MORE NOW.

I want to be bigger - but have been eating kinda like a pussy lately.

I want to be leaner but i’m not committed to the nutrition, i eat well but I should carb cycle and be more strict, adding more cardio (JUST AS I DO FOR THE LADY).

I NEED A CHANGE, i’ve skated by on a 5 day split forever peppering in added sessions for traps, back thickness, calves and abs (hardly abs) for a while now.

i asked for others splits just to look around a bit, today is my 37th birthday, i did great getting to where i am…but if i want more I sure as fuck need to follow my own, and others, advices.

MR. Miagi said it best, left side ok, right side ok…down the middle sooner or later CRRUUKKK.

The dicotomy of feeling like i need to attack the muscle more frequently mixed w/ my knowing that sometimes i’m tired as fuck and that rest helps me to grow. this is where i am at.

See…although smart, i justify my own status quo all the time. I have bumped up my cals around workout time pre/peri/post and i’m growing a bit truthfully, that said…i just want to create the most effective split i can if i’m adding the cals right now.

perspective - my lifts are equal or better than they ever were at this lower bw and bf% except for my squat which is down but i’m really doing more front squats and volume for quads currently anyways.

I just want to be bigger and leaner, 235lbs @ 5-6% bf - only feel great and thrive at that very low bf percentage -it’s my birthday wish pipe dream. i want to eat ben and jerry’s at the weight/size too and stay wicked lean. (please note that i’m aware of the bullshit i just said.)

I find training a muscle just once a week kind of convenient but it seems to only works for bodybuilders(steroids might play a role) so i gotta find a sufficient split that works,shoulders,forearms,arms,abs,chest,back,legs twice a week, with sufficient sets. My current programme is basically cycling split from week to week, strenght to hypertrophy…am making good gains(but cant get a good pic with this phone camera) need advice on a more convenient split

For years I followed various once a week splits. Lately I’ve been adding a second day for one group and rotating them. I don’t lift on Mon or Sat unless something is going to impact normal schedule.

Chest/Tri
Rest or cardio
Back/Bi
Legs
Chest/Tri
Shoulders/Abs
Rest or cardio

Chest/Tri
Rest or cardio
Back/Bi
Legs
Shoulders/Abs
Arms
Rest or cardio

Chest/Tri
Rest or cardio
Legs
Back/Bi
Shoulders/Abs
Legs
Rest or cardio

[quote]Dex a.t.g wrote:
I find training a muscle just once a week kind of convenient but it seems to only works for bodybuilders(steroids might play a role) [/quote]

Oh really?

[quote]kox wrote:
I used to do:
off
legs
shoulders and arms
off
off
back
calves
But I got to try something new. I was either too overtrained or too relaxed. So I’m doing almost everything twice aweek. I don’t know if it’s good idea, but I’m through half the foirst week of split, but I won’t able to dot do it toda.y. I will have to give it a couple of weeks and see if it works. it’s like:
off
ff
push
offo

And the push and pull days are different. For example when I do heavy db rows, I do more of a contraction exercise for bic. When I do back exercises with less bic involved I do drag curls or normal ones really heavy.
I’m skinny so don’t hink I think like I can give advice. I’m just sharing my splits.

Edit: I too beat the muscles to death. And the result was the more I give the more I’m overtrained and the more shitty workout was next day. So I hope that more frequent training will give better results to me and you too.[/quote]

Have you tried eating?

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]kox wrote:
I used to do:
off
legs
shoulders and arms
off
off
back
calves
off
ff
push
offo

Edit: I too beat the muscles to death. And the result was the more I give the more I’m overtrained and the more shitty workout was next day. So I hope that more frequent training will give better results to me and you too.[/quote]

Have you tried eating?
[/quote]

lol.

I use to stick to a formal split. Eventually I just started doing whatever felt good on that day, and have been doing that since.

Like, if for some reason my upper body is sore after a chest or shoulders day, and I’m supposed to do arms… then I’d just do back or legs, etc.

I’m doing TBT:

• low volume
  • high frequency
  • just a few exercises per training day
  • no two consecutive training days equals in terms of exercises used
  • maintaining progression in at least one of the following criteria: strength, density, rep quality (increase control and acceleration)
  • fatigue management

5 days a week

That’s it, in a nutshell.
Not perfect, but optimal for my lifestyle: train often, feel good, stay fit, keeping the metabolism stoked.
It’s still packing on quality pounds, but allows me to adjust each training session to how I feel on the particular day (joints, lack of sleep and stuff). And: it’s a multi-goal amalgamation and as such lacks specificity - other than the high-frequency part.

In other words: there are better ways to go about hypertrophy. Still, I think this approach has some merit to bridge training phases.

Also wanted to compliment S S C on his physique transformation (judging by current avi). Awesome.

[quote]howie424 wrote:

[quote]kox wrote:
I used to do:
off
legs
shoulders and arms
off
off
back
calves
off
ff
push
offo

Have you tried eating?
[/quote]

Yes

Otherwise you wouldn’t speak of overtraining… so my deduction skill would still say no. You would probably benefit more of devouring family members.

Maybe it’s not like I eat 8 big meals a day, maybe 5. I can’t afford more. I know I’m still small, but I haven’t turned 16 yet + I’m 6’2.5 I grew 1-1.5cm in height since I started working out. Overtraining I meant, if I did 20 sets for back, each one to failure (and beyond, 2 forced reps or trying to pull/hold the weight slowly for few seconds, while not being able to normally lift it). It’s not that good for a natty. If I split the same for 2 workouts I can do the same amount, while not burning the sh** out of my body. That’s what I meant.

Your restriction still is the food intake. As you can’t spend money for the food, you’ve made some statements:

• How could you generalize a statement that that way of training isn’t good for a natty?
  • You’ve tried eating.

You clearly can’t make any of those statements when you don’t have the money for food. This isn’t a personal attack, but try to choose your words and understand the methodical approach behind slapping on some solid muscle. Food intake and the quality there of are some of its corner stones. It will also influence your train of thought.

[quote]kox wrote:
Maybe it’s not like I eat 8 big meals a day, maybe 5. I can’t afford more. I know I’m still small, but I haven’t turned 16 yet + I’m 6’2.5 I grew 1-1.5cm in height since I started working out. Overtraining I meant, if I did 20 sets for back, each one to failure (and beyond, 2 forced reps or trying to pull/hold the weight slowly for few seconds, while not being able to normally lift it). It’s not that good for a natty. If I split the same for 2 workouts I can do the same amount, while not burning the sh** out of my body. That’s what I meant. [/quote]

Eat more. That’s the only advice I can give you. And really, that’s the only way you are going to see success. Pretty simple. You are going to make ZERO progress if you can’t eat enough to fuel what you do in the gym.

This is not a personal attack either, but you either do this or you don’t. There is no in-between.

Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Back, Biceps
quads, Hams, Calves
off
Chest, Shoulders, Triceps
Back, Biceps
Quads, Hams, Calves
off

Has been working well for me over the last four months.

I’m doing a 6-day Push/Pull/Legs split, alternating workouts so each day is repeated every 8-9 days.

Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Upper Back/Biceps
Legs

off

Shoulders/Chest/Triceps
Lats/Rear Delts/Biceps

off

Legs

repeat

Rep/set scheme is basically ramping up to a top set in the 4-8 range and then another reverse-pyramid set with about 10% of the weight off.

Surprised no one else did this yet -lol

S

Bloodsport is an all time great!!!

well…i haven’t changed that much w/in my split, i’m just rotating and hitting any body part i think needs it that week 2x. sometimmes chest is twice in 7-8 days other times it might be legs.

i use a day off day if i feel good to man up and do heavy rack pulls, they make me want to kill stuff, thereafter i hit traps (which are growing, although w/ narrow clavicles it seems to hurt the illusion of wideness) if that makes any sense.

calves and abs are peppered in a few days a week.

what is working is actually carb cycling a bit, following my girl’s diet only in reverse, bumping up carbs to grow, peri work and all around the pre,peri,post window i’ve added aminos and a carb laden protocol.

pumps are great w/ heavy carbs!

as for my girl’s prep…she looks great, although her schedule at the hospital and flue have fucked her up some, she has 2+ months to go…we’ll see, i’ll bump that thread and add progress soon.

Q- name of the Asian dude from bloodsport w/ the big titties, he is a thick asian. NOW I SHOW YOU A TRICK OR TWO…BREAK BRICK…NO…BOTTOM ONE.

Just switched to:

Day 1 - Chest/Bi’s
Day 2 - Back/Tri’s
Day 3 Off
Day 4 - Leg’s
Day 5 - Shoulders/Traps

Previously I was doubling up workouts with some decent success:

Mon/Thurs - Chest Shoulders Tri’s
Tue/Fri - Back/Traps/Bi’s
Wed - Legs

[quote]cyruseven75 wrote:
Bloodsport is an all time great!!!

Q- name of the Asian dude from bloodsport w/ the big titties, he is a thick asian. NOW I SHOW YOU A TRICK OR TWO…BREAK BRICK…NO…BOTTOM ONE. [/quote]

It sure is. His name is Bolo Yeung.