Shovel It IN!

How do you guys manage to eat so much? Whenever I increase my exercise intensity (5 times per week vs 2or 3 per week) my appetite goes way down. I literally have to shove the food in until I feel sick to my stomach. I don’t seem to have this problem on off days though.

Anyone else have this? And how can I correct?

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
How do you guys manage to eat so much? Whenever I increase my exercise intensity (5 times per week vs 2or 3 per week) my appetite goes way down. I literally have to shove the food in until I feel sick to my stomach. I don’t seem to have this problem on off days though.

Anyone else have this? And how can I correct?[/quote]

I dunno. I’m a gluttonous hog. If…lets say I collected stamps instead of lifting and bodybuilding. I’d weight 500 pounds.

[quote]brucevangeorge wrote:
And how can I correct?[/quote]

Practice.

[quote]Professor X wrote:
brucevangeorge wrote:
And how can I correct?

Practice.[/quote]

He’s right. It’s just like getting stronger. You start at one level. It gets easy and you push yourself to the next level. Say you start with 3500 cals, and you are stuffed. Three weeks later, you should feel hungry after eating the same amount of food. Eat more.

Just wait until you start looking for 1000 cal meals, 'cause you don’t have enough time to eat everything you need! When time is the limiting factor, not food, then you’ve just moved up to “serious” status.

You answered your own question. You have to shovel it in, it is uncomfortable. Man up.

Try adding more healthy fats to your diet. Fats are more calorically dense than carbs and protein and are much cheaper too. Make sure they are healthy fats.

Also, if you drink your protein, you can get a lot of calories that you want and they won’t sit in your stomach for hours, making you feel bloated and lethargic.

I honestly don’t have this problem. It seems as though I am always hungry. I eat 6-7 times every day and am always looking forward to my next feeding. :slight_smile:

I would have to echo “practice”. It may be uncomfortable at first, but your body will adapt to it over time. With the increased feeding should come a higher metabolism, and with that you should be able to eat more.

Of course you need to eat healthy food. A lot of it. And lift heavy.

Christopher

TOP SECRET!!!Nuts. It don’t matter what kind. They’re all good for you. Walnuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, cashews, peanuts, etc. 1 cup will add about 700-800 calories to your diet.

Put peanut butter on EVERYTHING! Pancakes, mashed potatos, oatmeal.

Add olive oil to everything. 1 TBSP is good for about 100 cal.

Or, just get a bigger fork.

TNT

Eat your food as fast as you can while allowing for proper chewing.

If I eat at a normal pace, I end up sitting for a long time, staring down at a massive pile of food that seems to never decrease in size. Also, I think I read somewhere that if you eat fast, your body doesn’t have time to send signals that you are full.

I don’t know if this is true or not, but eating with “intensity” (lol) seems to help me eat a lot when I am bulking.

do the kobayashi shake.

Thats the first time I’ve heard that question. My problem is never feeling full. It’s no thing for me to pollish off 1,000 to 1,300 calories every 2 hours and continue to be hungry. I used to be VERY ‘bulky’ so I guess my stomach never shrunk when I cut down. So yes, your stomach can be built. Eat up.

[quote]TShaw wrote:
Also, if you drink your protein, you can get a lot of calories that you want and they won’t sit in your stomach for hours, making you feel bloated and lethargic.[/quote]

I’ll second this one. I bought a blender and would make big smoothies to chug down. Whey, yogurt, peanutbutter, 4 or 5 servings of fruit…whatever was laying around. Quick way to add 800 calories to your day, plus it stretches out your stomach.

Deep fat fried bacon. it has lots of calories in a relativly small amount so it wont fill you up and you’ll get that wholesome goodness.

[quote]tveddy wrote:
Deep fat fried bacon. it has lots of calories in a relativly small amount so it wont fill you up and you’ll get that wholesome goodness.[/quote]

Nah, bacon doesn’t hold a candle to ice cream, the ultimate in mass building. Pretty much anyone can down a pint of ice cream in one sitting, and that’s over 1k calories.

Plus you can keep pouring chocolate syrup on top as you eat and that’s even more calories.

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:
tveddy wrote:
Deep fat fried bacon. it has lots of calories in a relativly small amount so it wont fill you up and you’ll get that wholesome goodness.

Nah, bacon doesn’t hold a candle to ice cream, the ultimate in mass building. Pretty much anyone can down a pint of ice cream in one sitting, and that’s over 1k calories.[/quote]

It’s not about eating alot, it’s about eating more than you are. Suppose you have your 3 meals. Now add a shake every day between breakfast and lunch and a snack between lunch and dinner. Even if it’s a one scoop shake and a pb&jelly sandwich, doesn’t matter. Once you get into the habbit you can slowly increase the calories of the snacks. Add a fruit to the sandwich, put more honey(or chocolate syrup, condensed milk, strawberry preserves) into the shake and you’re getting there.

I’d go as far as saying that eating often and never sensing hunger is far more important than caloric and protein numbers.

[quote]Majin wrote:
I’d go as far as saying that eating often and never sensing hunger is far more important than caloric and protein numbers. [/quote]

They are both important, but good avice.