Shoulders Poppin/Crackin Noise?

Well lately i’ve been doing lateral raises for my shoulder but everytime i go down on the negative it makes sort of a poppin/crackin noise. It’s not painful at all but it’s really annoying. Im not sure if this is an actual sign if i should stop doing them or maybe the interal parts of my shoulders are just week?

Anyone had this problem? Thanks

Nothing wrong with a pop or noise, if it hurts then you have an issue.

Mine does this too on any overhead pressing movements.

[quote]Rocky2 wrote:
Nothing wrong with a pop or noise, if it hurts then you have an issue.

Mine does this too on any overhead pressing movements. [/quote]
my left shoulder does the same thing. loud enough for my training partner to cringe. but if its not dangerous then i will def put oh presses back in my routine.

that used to happen to me everytime i would do a lateral raise. eventually it just went away and my shoulders are fine

I had a similar issue. Seeing a physical therapist, he, too, said no pain = no problem.

Of course, if you are concerned, talk to your GP.

IIRC i read an Eric Cressey article where he said a simple shoulder health test was to put one hand on your opposite shoulder and raise your elbow to your forehead

if it doesnt hurt you are fine…

[quote]MAF14 wrote:
IIRC i read an Eric Cressey article where he said a simple shoulder health test was to put one hand on your opposite shoulder and raise your elbow to your forehead

if it doesnt hurt you are fine…[/quote]

that’s a test for impingement

no pain=no worries. But I think BBB stated that this is called, “functional reduction with abduction” or something along those lines. And is caused by a slightly weaker RC muscle, allowing the glenohumeral head to slide around a tiny bit more than it would, if all muscles were equally strong.