Shoulder Work

This thread http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_strength/ab_work_standing_1 worked out pretty well, so now lets look at shoulder work.

Since we all press a lot, focus should be on side and rear.

Ive been doing:

Dumbbell Side laterals raises

Dumbbell Rear Lateral Raise:

Facepulls

Dumbbell Lying rear delt row:
No video

Lying cable side delts:
No video.

Do anybody have some suggestions? Preferable with a video along with it :slight_smile:

military presses, dumbells and barbell, wide grip decline

dumbell pressing of any type is important for raw strength IMO. Make sure not to skimp out on prehab excercises, or you’ll end up like me.

I tried to make it clear in the original post that front delt isnt important here, e.g. pressing, seeing as everybody does a lot of that anyway, and Im looking for inspiration for side and rear :slight_smile:

external rotations?

miltaries hit all the heads, and if u turn ur pinkies up on dumbell pressing ull get mroe medial head

Ok, thing is that I will have done either DE or ME bench, followed by a heavy triceps exercise (3-6 reps) followed by a lighter triceps exercise (8-12 reps) and a light lat exercise before I get to the shoulder.

So military pressing and such doesnt seem like the best thing here, I could maybe use it as one of the tri exercises in a cycle at some point, but in this context it doesnt seem optimal to categories it as a shoulder exercise.

ring work.

dips, muscleups, pushups, supine rows

Facepulls are great. Can do them as extra work pretty any time of day/week. Same with band pull-aparts.

I recently started doing cable rows and I get extemely sore in my rear delts. I guess I have a strong upper back and lats, and so those muscles are stimulated as much by the load, but wow, I am really sore in my rear delts.

I now consider cable rows as a great rear-delt exercise.

And as far as military, they hit your traps, upper back, as well as the delts. You can rotate them in.