Shoulder Soreness from Hack Squats

I have been doing the DC training and I am on my second week. But anyways I went from doing bar squats to hack squats, just to change it up a little bit and for some reason the day after my shoulders feel like at the top of the front delt it is like a little pinch in there on both shoulders.

With the doggcrapp workout I have been doing some pretty serious stretching also, but I think that for some reasons its the hack squats. Has anyone ever had this problem? if so please explain. Thanks.

I have shoulder stiffness/pain with squats if my grip is too wide. I had a similar sensation when doing hacksquats, and I think part of it was that I was tensing my shoulders up for whatever reason.

Make sure to relax your arms completely.

[quote]Rape Weight wrote:
I have shoulder stiffness/pain with squats if my grip is too wide. I had a similar sensation when doing hacksquats, and I think part of it was that I was tensing my shoulders up for whatever reason.

Make sure to relax your arms completely. [/quote]

That makes alot of sense, because on the widowmaker set (20 reps heavy) I am straining every muscle that I have to get those last reps in. Also on bar squats the way you hold the bar makes you squeeze your shoulder blades together.

thinking back it was almost like my shoulders were rounded forward from holding the bars on the hack squat. I wonder if squeezing my shoulder blades together would prevent it, but the straining was dead on too.