T Nation

Shoulder Roll Masterclass

Found this and thought it was pretty cool. A compilation of defensive skill highlights from Mayweather Jr, James Toney and Joan Guzman.

Guzman’s reflexes are ridiculous.

Fucking awesome video. I think I actually enjoy watching world class defensive fighters highlights more than I enjoy watching knockouts. You’re right, Guzman’s reactions are insane. I hadn’t realised just how quick he was. Toney is one of my favorite fighters of all time. I love his attitude. His sparring highlights are also crazy.

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Fucking awesome video. I think I actually enjoy watching world class defensive fighters highlights more than I enjoy watching knockouts. You’re right, Guzman’s reactions are insane. I hadn’t realised just how quick he was. Toney is one of my favorite fighters of all time. I love his attitude. His sparring highlights are also crazy. [/quote]

I would love to be able to turn on opponents like toney does, but I cannot seem to get the footwork down no matter how much I try. I always seem to be just that little bit out of range to pivot on someone and come up at their side.

[quote]Aussie Davo wrote:

[quote]LondonBoxer123 wrote:
Fucking awesome video. I think I actually enjoy watching world class defensive fighters highlights more than I enjoy watching knockouts. You’re right, Guzman’s reactions are insane. I hadn’t realised just how quick he was. Toney is one of my favorite fighters of all time. I love his attitude. His sparring highlights are also crazy. [/quote]

I would love to be able to turn on opponents like toney does, but I cannot seem to get the footwork down no matter how much I try. I always seem to be just that little bit out of range to pivot on someone and come up at their side. [/quote]

Hell ye. I’ve tried like crazy to make my feet move like Toney’s. Like you, I either end up out of range, or even in range and always off balance. I have spent probably hundreds of hours watching Toney on Youtube, staring at his feet. I’m still not sure what he do to do that voodoo that he do so well.