Shoulder Problems: Torn Labrum

update,
so at last i am finished with therapy. the therapy really was not that bad. been trough much worse on knees.
i just finished the therapy 1-26-06. at this point i am getting back into weight training as follows:

deadlift 110 lbs 3x30
bench 45 lbs 1x7 then 2x10
military 12 lbs 3x10
bent over rows 12 lbs 3x12

i know, this is super light weights but no sense in re-injuring, i want to do it right. so starting light, plenty of time to increase.
pain is minimal during the day but still wakes me up at night. i figure this is life probably for 4 to 6 more months.
btw im 45, so dont expect to recover like a teenager.
good luck to ya

Hey man! I just wanted to see what happened with your labrum? did you end up getting surgery in the end or are you fine after pt? I ask cuz i recently found out i tore my labrum i do a lot of boxing and jiujuts and subluxed the shoulder got an mri and they said my labrum was frayed with some truncation… trying to see if i should get surgery or will ige tback to 100% without it? I’ve done PT for 3 weeks now and i’m definitely getting better can finally do pullups again but still no dips anyways want to see if maybe i can get some advice from your situation thanks man

I have separation of the Labrum and minor tears in the shoulder ligaments. After looking over the MRI, the Orthopedist said that it wasn’t bad enough to need surgery. She said I should do PT and strengthen the rotator cuff.
I bought the Shoulder Horn. Have been using it for 6 weeks and my shoulder is beginning to feel much better. The healing process has been slow but steady.

woah yo! that’s serious! if you don’t need surgery then i definitely don’t! how did you do it?

I just had my MRI with contrast in my left shoulder that revealed I had a fairly large tear and two sists due to fluid drainage underneath the tear. If I do anything with my left shoulder behind my bodies 180 degree line, it really really hurts, but anything infront of my body is 100%. Is there any hope of rehab for my shoulder or is it straight to the knife? If surgery, what should I expect for recovery periods?

I dislocated my left shoulder 9/19/08 while doing rack chins. Lame.

MRI showed, possibly, a torn labrum. However the surgeon said the results were not definite. It was more of a “if anything, it could be a torn labrum” thing. Said RC was good and AC joint was “well maintained.”

Said I did’t need surgery but that if a problem arises to let him know.

I’ve been taking it easy on chest/compound tri exercises and have not done shoulder pressing.

Last friday I did heavy decline smith pressing as well as incline smith CG. Not sure which one it was (or both) but my shoulder felt weak that night and hte next two days.

I did PT and have been incorporating those exercises into my routine. Just hoping that I can continue lifting without surgery. I have no pain at the moment.

A year ago I had surgery for a partially torn rotator and labrum. Six months ago I tor the other one. They’ve never been the same since. Everyone heals different and functions different as far as what they can and can’t do anymore. I can do most back movements no problem, but most chest movements are out of the questions. Ironically I can do behind the neck presses without too much of a problem, and they actually make me feel better.

I had the surgery about two years ago, and my ROM is still limited, albeit not by much. Shoulder still rolls out of socket on occasion (boxing), but as far as lifting goes 100% fine.

P.s. Took about 6 months for recovery.