T Nation

Shoulder Problem

I have a shoulder problem where a certain part of my anterior delt gets extremely fatigued for no reason whatsoever. I have a feeling this has to do with mobility issues as my body is entirely asymmetrical (right side of body is dominant in every aspect) and this is only affecting my left shoulder.

I cannot perform forward arm circles for more than 10 seconds without my left anterior delt experiencing incredible fatigue. If I stretch my left delt, I can hear my tendons/tissues/etc inside my shoulder crackling and make popping noises.

There is no pain yet, but I feel if I let this keep up there may be pain in the future. Does anyone know what the problem is and how to remedy the issue? I am trying to avoid seeing a physical therapist at all costs since I am a poor college student but If I have to I will.

Courtesy of Dante:

REALLY hard to do, stick with it and you SHOULD be cured :slightly_smiling:

Could be anything, and none of us are PT's but here are a few things to consider.

*tight pec minor
*tigh overactive upper traps
*weak underactive mid/lower traps

I know this is really generic advice, but thats probably all you will get with the description youve given and over the internet.
More info would be helpful, like how and when did it start, what has your training been like, do you have postural problems, etc.

+1 this. When my shoulders act up I do that movement.(should do it all the time though). It works WELL.

+2 for the broomstick stretch.

x3 for broomstick stretch but it is not going to be your savior. The real injury and pain IS just around the corner from reading your post back off from hitting your shoulders hard and hit them lightly then do rehab work like if your already injured.

*Stretch (broomstick and others)
*Stop hitting your shoulders hard
*Start Rehabing your shoulder as if you were already in physical pain.
****If your doing barbell bench move to dumbbells!

Thanks guys, I tried to do the stretches over winter break but ended up not sticking to it. I will do these a couple times a week now since my shoulder is really acting up.