T Nation

Shoulder Problem - Exercise's

Hi,

In the top of the ROM for military presses, I can feel a grinding in my left shoulder.

I get pains in the shoulder from pullups/pull downs.

What can I do for shoulder work?

-Cloth

You should read the articles by Eric Cressey–"shoulder savers parts i, ii and iii. After reading them you will probably be able to figure out what you should be doing for shoulder work.,

[quote]michaelmr wrote:
You should read the articles by Eric Cressey–"shoulder savers parts i, ii and iii. After reading them you will probably be able to figure out what you should be doing for shoulder work.,[/quote]

Agreed.

I have a similar problem from an injury a couple of years ago, it still gives me trouble with some exercises, pull ups among them. You might try a little more horizontal back exercises like cable rows if the vertical back work gives you trouble.

Also there are a lot of exercises that help out the shoulder, I benefited greatly from just light rotator cuff work and stretching. Probably the stretching helped me the most.

Suppose you could also go to a doctor.

Thanks, forgot all about that article.

-Cloth

Also should check out Hartman & Robertson’s article “Pushups, Face Pulls and Shrugs For Strong and Healthy Shoulders”
http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1426252