Shoulder Problem, Bench Injury

Man I am having a bitch of a time with my right shoulder, I injured it doing bench press in Janruary and it has not been the same since, I still have a decent range of motion in it and I have been to the orthapedic dr, taken ibuprofin, celebrex, been to physical therapy, and nothing seems to help.

I didnt lift for a month after I injured it and it just gets inflammed after every upper body workout that I do. I eased back into lifting and it keps getting worse and worse. I ice it almost every night and I think that my liver is about to rot out from all of the NSAID’s that I am taking. I have not had an MRI on it yet and I dont think that I have torn it bad enought to require surgery, and neither does my dr. I just went there a few weeks ago and he just put a cortizone shot in it and sent me on my way and told me to go to physical therapy, which I have. PT has made it hurt worse. I am just pissed off and wanted to see if anyone on here had any suggestions, because I cant acheive my bodybuilding goals with 1 good shoulder.

Listen to your doc and PT. Chances are something is damaged for it to hurt during the PT work. Let the cortizone do it’s job and see if that fixes it and if it doesn’t, opt for the MRI. Then they will be able to tell you what is wrong and if you will need surgery. Not to be a downer, but if it hurts doing some of the PT stuff then chances are you might need surgery :s

Hope this helps…

Gerdy

STOP BENCH PRESSING!!!