Shoulder Popping During Dips

I’m following Chad Waterbury’s ABBH program and I just did the Dips and Chin-ups day.

Doing the dips, everytime I would lower my left shoulder would pop as if it were dislocating, but I could still push myself back up. I used an assistance machine set really high to see if it still occured and it didn’t. I stopped after it became really bad and am wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what the cause is. Also, what can I do to fix this?

Thanks

[quote]bohveedah wrote:
I’m following Chad Waterbury’s ABBH program and I just did the Dips and Chin-ups day.

Doing the dips, everytime I would lower my left shoulder would pop as if it were dislocating, but I could still push myself back up. I used an assistance machine set really high to see if it still occured and it didn’t. I stopped after it became really bad and am wondering if anyone has experienced this before and what the cause is. Also, what can I do to fix this?

Sounds like your strings are loose. Find some physical therapy exercises for shoulders and work on those.
Thanks[/quote]

If it doesn’t hurt in any way it probably isn’t dangerous. This is what my doctor told me. If I can remember right it’s the long tendon of bicep which pops under the acronomion or something. But, if you have any doubts or pain, go see therapist or doctor.