Shoulder Pain

[quote]bushidobadboy wrote:

[quote]Paulster56 wrote:
To start I would defiantly scrap any overhead pressing, your shoulder is in no shape to be handling the sheer and compressive force demands at this point in your training.
I think your third PT was correct but possibly bushidobadboy might be right as well…although if you failed at overhead pressing that then does not give us a definite answer to your problem as the bicept tendon isnt in a position to be really involved in overhead pressing since its more of a tricept dominant exercise.
[/quote]
Well I see what you are thinking but it’s not really correct. You see the biceps long head is recruited as a stabiliser during the OH press, but more importantly the position of the humerus relative to the acromion can drive an inflamed biceps tendon into the bone of the acromion, causing pain and irritation.

BBB[/quote]

Touche…but what im getting at is that it might be a bigger problem then just the bicept, could also have alot to do with the scapula and stabilization of the shouler not just the bicept. I find its better to attack the whole problem rather than just one because ususaly some of the issues go hand in hand. A tweaked anything in the area can offset the balanced forces pulling on the shoulder and its function.

I have a similar problem with my shoulder BBB, I have been working out for about a year and a half now and I have noticed that my shoulder literally dislocates out of the joint… I bought a book on rotator cuffs and tested positive to the SULCUS TEST! I have tried working shoulders but when I do any over head shoulder press or trap raises, I feel as if my shoulders are dislocating out of the joint and I have to hold my shoulder down to stop it from raising out. I never feel any pain, but when bench pressing my right shoulder will literally pop out and inhibit me from pressing. I have seen a PT and physician and they told me to treat it as a DISLOCATED SHOULDER…Although I have never dislocated my shoulder or had any sort of shoulder injury ever!! they showed me some exercises to do, and I do them but I noticed no change! I have noticed my shoulders lean forward as well, I believe this may be from chest pressing to much… so I have started working back religously. My back is getting bigger but I notice my shoulders inhibit even these workouts.

1. My shoulders click and grind with any kind of exercise
  2. My shoulders both seem to come right out of the socket
  3. I also have no traps even though I work them 2 times a week
  4. I was told I was double jointed and this could play a role

what can I do??? ill do anything honestly… because my shoulders are affecting my workouts now, I feel like my bis and tris wont get any bigger because of this… Any advice will be greatly appreciated… I will post some pictures

pics

pics

pics

pics

left shoulder SULCUS

RIGHT SHOULDER

here is a video… thanks again for youre input

here