Shoulder Pain/Nerve Pain

Alright first off this is not me I am asking advice for, it is for my Mother.

She is suffering from occasional upper trapezius pain that is ‘severe’, and has for a couple months appeared to be suffering from an impinged shoulder. When the shoulder is pressed on anteriorly (the front) she complains about sharp burning pain like pain from a nerve, and constantly in pain. The pain as I am told is coming from the shoulder running down to the elbow, to the fingers.

Her shoulder is also unstable compared to the other and to quote her “feels like it is going to fall off”, and has been to the doctor and has said the rotator cuff was impinged, and was given a cortisone shot that helped until about three-four weeks ago where the problem has reappeared.

Which fingers does the pain run down to? Is there also numbness or tingling in the fingers? Is it caused/aggravated by any specific movements?

You have to see a proffesional, to find out the root of the problem, but a little exercise I’ve found handy for bad shoulders, is this. Mount some sort of hoop to the wall at face level( gatehandle,or dockring) than slide a strap or towel through the hoop,I personnaly use a tow strap 4ft with a hoop in each end, thier 8$ at auto store, anyway, you simply use this device to lean back and streach out shoulder’s, pull yourself towards the wall, like a facepull, the length of the strap and where you place your feet, control the resistance.

A short srtap and standing upright works for a 72yr I’m working with,it’s important to keep your elbows close to your body at first,than raise them as you get stronger. Put this somewhere handy in your house and do 15-20 when ever you think about it, ajust resistance when needed, in a couple mths you’ll be impressed,I use this with all sorts of people with great results, from 40yr factory workers to several seniors.

Good luck

[quote]smallmike wrote:
Which fingers does the pain run down to? Is there also numbness or tingling in the fingers? Is it caused/aggravated by any specific movements?[/quote]

SmallMike don’t you ever stop helping out people on here?? Fair play to you Easter Sunday and your still sorting people out!

I don’t really have a life, LOL.

[quote]smallmike wrote:
I don’t really have a life, LOL.[/quote]

Sadly, I know what you mean mate!!!