T Nation

Shoulder Pain (Again)

Hey

as most of you know (from my 100 posts about it) I seperated my AC join in January.

My shoulder still hurts when I bench (loss 20 lbs from my 3RM) But I can do one arm DB clean and press with very little pain, but I still feel it.

I have been doing light weight shoulder rehab type exercieses for about a month now.

The bone Dr. said it is fine but has scaffing or what ever it is called.

Am I going to be alright or should I take it easy on the bench.

[quote]DF85 wrote:
Hey

as most of you know (from my 100 posts about it) I seperated my AC join in January.

My shoulder still hurts when I bench (loss 20 lbs from my 3RM) But I can do one arm DB clean and press with very little pain, but I still feel it.

I have been doing light weight shoulder rehab type exercie for about a month now.

The bone Dr. said it is fine but has scaffing or what ever it is called.

Am I going to be alright or should I take it easy on the bench.[/quote]

Stay off the bench all together…at least until you well in the clear.

Try doing 1 arm dumbbell presses or standing cable presses. I did these for a while after my shoulder injury. I used a swiss ball to press on as I found it better than a bench.

I haven’t gone back to the bar since I re injured my shoulder. its just not worth it.

Just take it easy dude, I know what its like.

Can I replace 10x3 of bench with 10x3 of push ups? Or is that still too much on my shoulder.

like I said when I got the X-rays the Dr. said I was fine, So I think I will go to another Dr. and see what they say.