Shoulder Pain 5 Wks In

I’ve been on TRT for about 10+ months now. I was taking 400 mg Cyp every 2 weeks as prescribed. Obviously it was better than nothing but surely wasn’t what I was going for as far as results. My doc finally turned me loose & only wants me back for blood work every 3 months. Once that happened I immediately started on 150mg of Mast EOD & 150mg Cyp + 150 mg Test E every 5th day. I was getting great results going into week 5.

Then it happened. My bench had gone from 235 to 345 in 5 weeks & now my shoulder is in constant pain. I spoke w another doc about the injury & was told it was muscle impingement. Just when all was going good I’m told to stop & rest it. I believe I know what I’m gonna hear but I still have to ask. Is there anything other than time off that can be done? I’m 40 years old & have never been in this good of shape in my life.

I probably don’t want to hear it but any true & intelligent input will be great. I was thinking about taking 50-100mg of Cyp directly in the shoulder but I have a good idea of what that’s gonna end up causing. Well gentleman ; let me hear it!! Lol… Thanks in advance!!

Just sound like a shoulder injury unfortunately. Drop the benching for at least a week, probably all pressing. Really drop anything that hurts. Starting back with over head pressing and close grip. You’re gotten crazy strong in a short amount of time. Take it easy and you’ll be ok but try to push it (“light weight” for you now being heavier than your max a few weeks ago) and you’ll really fuck something up.

Nsaids or prednisone are the only substances that will help heal it faster.

Problem is your muscles got really strong in 5 weeks but your tendons and ligaments didn’t. Rest is the answer and drop the excercises that hurt for a bit and when you do start back go light for a bit

[quote]Old but New wrote:
I’ve been on TRT for about 10+ months now. I was taking 400 mg Cyp every 2 weeks as prescribed. Obviously it was better than nothing but surely wasn’t what I was going for as far as results. My doc finally turned me loose & only wants me back for blood work every 3 months. Once that happened I immediately started on 150mg of Mast EOD & 150mg Cyp + 150 mg Test E every 5th day. I was getting great results going into week 5.

Then it happened. My bench had gone from 235 to 345 in 5 weeks & now my shoulder is in constant pain. I spoke w another doc about the injury & was told it was muscle impingement. Just when all was going good I’m told to stop & rest it. I believe I know what I’m gonna hear but I still have to ask. Is there anything other than time off that can be done? I’m 40 years old & have never been in this good of shape in my life.

I probably don’t want to hear it but any true & intelligent input will be great. I was thinking about taking 50-100mg of Cyp directly in the shoulder but I have a good idea of what that’s gonna end up causing. Well gentleman ; let me hear it!! Lol… Thanks in advance!![/quote]

Rest for 5-7 days. Take ibuprofen. When I say rest, I mean nothing that ecen irritates it slightly. Then, start doing the movements that do not hurt you. Then, move back to benching. Start at 135 and increase accordingly yo pain, up to 235/ At that point, increase 10 pounds every week. Since inreasing 20 pounds per week injured you, increase half of that amount, which is 10 pounds. Good luck!

Thanks all! I got X-ray done cause the ibuprofen wasn’t helping at all. Everything is good as far as that goes. My family doctor gave me an anti-inflamitory & a muscle relaxer & told me to rest it. The meds are helping greatly. I’ve stopped the Mast & dropped the Test to 400 mg every 7 days. Hopefully before to long I’ll be back to normal. Thanks again people!!

muscle impingement? i did not know u could impinge a muscle… is he a real doctor?

anyways, rest, ice, fish oil…

barbell bench press is a shoulder destroyer… in a bad way… now u know. dumbbells are WAY better and healthier for your joints

Have you gone to a masseuse?

It’s going to take more than 5-7 days off. I wouldn’t attempt to bench that much again- stick with lower weight and higher reps. Objectively look at your bench form. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out your shoulders/elbows are being retracted too far back for the sake of ‘touching bar to chest’.

If you heed none of this advice, you WILL find out the hard way- and then welcome to the wonderful world of ONLY decline bench press.

[quote]BUDs wrote:
Problem is your muscles got really strong in 5 weeks but your tendons and ligaments didn’t. Rest is the answer and drop the excercises that hurt for a bit and when you do start back go light for a bit[/quote]
I agree with Bud’s.It’s your tendon’s and ligament’s that are possibly the culprit.Asw for inpingement,that can be treated in some cases very successfully by chiropractic. I really commend you on that strength gain.The only people that seem to make such remarkable gain’s are people in the early stages,also in the initial AAS stages.Anyway congratulation’s and have a Merry Christmas,or what ever way you celebrate the holiday season.Your’s truly johnny

Thanks gentleman! I’ve got myself back in the gym. Taking it what I consider easy. Nothing that causes the slightest pain. I’ve dropped the Mast from my regiment for now. I might be wrong but I feel like it was drying me out so to speak. Was really strong & hard as hell but at what cost!? I can comfortabley bench 285 for 12 w no pain. Anything over 300 is no good! I figure to just remain on my 400 mg Test E & C combination & stay very careful.

I also agree w the fact that there could have possibly been some letting my shoulder drop back & I know now that my elbows were going to far down. IE… bringing the bar all the way down to my chest. I really appreciate all the input & on a separate note I hope all had a great Christmas & have a spectacular New Year! Thanks once again…