Shoulder Muscle Pain

Yesterday when I was doing BB incline, my shoulder muscle felt tugged and there was moderate pain. I stopped incline and went to try dips and again felt pain in the muscle. In a resting position there is little or no pain and it seems to be a strain or a pull in the front deltoid. I iced the shit out of it yesterday and this morning it feels a little better. If anything it feels a little weak if anything

Anyway, I am going to see a doc for an unrelated back issue on Thursday and am going to have him take a look at it. Between now and then should it be a pain threshold decision on how much to work? Should I take a few days off any upper body and wait to get his opinion? My inclination is to go to the gym today (back/tri) and see what I can get done with little or no pain. Are iso exercises a waste of time also?

Thanks in advance for any feedback

[quote]dopp16 wrote:
Yesterday when I was doing BB incline, my shoulder muscle felt tugged and there was moderate pain. I stopped incline and went to try dips and again felt pain in the muscle. In a resting position there is little or no pain and it seems to be a strain or a pull in the front deltoid. I iced the shit out of it yesterday and this morning it feels a little better. If anything it feels a little weak if anything

Anyway, I am going to see a doc for an unrelated back issue on Thursday and am going to have him take a look at it. Between now and then should it be a pain threshold decision on how much to work? Should I take a few days off any upper body and wait to get his opinion? My inclination is to go to the gym today (back/tri) and see what I can get done with little or no pain. Are iso exercises a waste of time also?

Thanks in advance for any feedback[/quote]

Let the injured area rest. Also consider if your form is off and/or food intake/recovery doesn’t suffice… Injuries don’t happen at random.

[quote]Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
dopp16 wrote:

Let the injured area rest. Also consider if your form is off and/or food intake/recovery doesn’t suffice… Injuries don’t happen at random.
[/quote]

Honestly at 27, I am beginning to feel like an old man…

If anything I think that my food intake may not be sufficient for my workload, I posted my diet a few weeks ago and got flamed for lack of fat intake given my body weight.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/ok_here_is_the_new_routine

thanks for the feedback

[quote]dopp16 wrote:
Cephalic_Carnage wrote:
dopp16 wrote:

Honestly at 27, I am beginning to feel like an old man…

If anything I think that my food intake may not be sufficient for my workload, I posted my diet a few weeks ago and got flamed for lack of fat intake given my body weight.

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_beginner/ok_here_is_the_new_routine

thanks for the feedback

[/quote]

Wish I could give you something more specific, but this is the internet and I’m not even a doctor.

If you get the chance, go to a doc who lifts himself or treats a lot of lifters (there are plenty of docs powerlifting and a few bbing as well)…

Good luck.