Shoulder Issue

CT,

My left shoulder has started to bother me some on bench press (I feel like my left shoulder doesn’t want to get all the way back & down during the break the bar part), so I have stopped doing it. In a push up position I feel a little impingement at the top (haven’t been doing just wanting to provide you with as much information to help as possible).

Some times on SGHP or Powercleans it’s harder to keep my left shoulder back to keep the bar tight against me & it comes a little forward causing pain if it does. It bothers me in the area of the head of my humerous at the joint in that area.

I am posting a video of my shoulder blades moving.

I know you have helped many with shoulder issues before & have always gotten excellent results following you so anything you would recommend would be grately appreciated & implemented immediately.

For mobility I do

100 band pull-aparts with the band staying on my sternum (recommended by my chiropractor to keep my thoracic spine in align)

Shoulder dislocations (broomstick) & helicopters

Hang from the rings pull up position

Scapula retractions from a push up position from the rings (if it doesn’t bother me)

Hold the bottom position of a push up position from the rings

5 skin the cats

And various shoulder & lat stretches with the rings

And the zipper stretch for your rotator cuffs with a rope

I’ve tried to include anything that would be helpful to you

Thank you for your time & expertise it’s very appreciated

I recommend looking at Kelly Starrett’s youtube channel and doing a search for “shoulder”. I had a horribly internally rotated right shoulder due to my desk job and I knew it was sapping me of pressing power. I did several of the release and stretching drills found on his channel daily for a week and all of my pressing maxes went up by 10+ lbs, plus no more pain. I’m telling you that channel is pure gold. I also learned how to properly release my TFL which in turn GREATLY improved my squat positions and power. Cannot recommend his stuff highly enough.

@mrjasonbbc: Thank you! I really appreciate that. It’s killing me I’m not 100% functional right now. I love working out and am grateful every time I get to. I will check that out immediately. Thank you!

[quote]mrjasonbbc wrote:
I recommend looking at Kelly Starrett’s youtube channel and doing a search for “shoulder”. I had a horribly internally rotated right shoulder due to my desk job and I knew it was sapping me of pressing power. I did several of the release and stretching drills found on his channel daily for a week and all of my pressing maxes went up by 10+ lbs, plus no more pain. I’m telling you that channel is pure gold. I also learned how to properly release my TFL which in turn GREATLY improved my squat positions and power. Cannot recommend his stuff highly enough.[/quote]

Agreed, it is a goldmine and his stuff works. Also recommend trying Voodoo Floss, it has helped my shoulder be able to properly internally rotate (along with using some of KStarr’s other shoulder tips).

@mstorm: Thank you. I have two of them…they are the best $20 ever spent. I have been watching his channel for a while now…priceless information for sure. Thanks for the help!

I would also look up donnie thompson’s videos on YouTube …,

@Concepthenry: Thank you sir! I will be sure you do that. I will make sure I get better. I love this way too much to ever have it taken away from me!