T Nation

Shoulder Injury in Remote Area

Dear All,
first of all is great to be here, this is imy first post, hopefully of many.

so, i’m almost 35 years old, and i live in a remote area in a national park in Tanzania-Africa, where i work in conservation-antipoaching.

I have been training on/off for the past 15 years ad overall in good shape.

Stopped working out due to work schedules for about a month and started back one week ago.

I have very limited equipment where i am so i have to make due with what i have.

the day before yesterday i was in the middle of my push routine - Dumbell over the shoulder squats, dumbell flies/press on fitness ball, skullcrushers - and right after the workout i felt a sharp pain at the upper tip/posterior part of my left shoulder.

Didnt feel any pain during the exercises just immediately right after.

I went home and applied ice, the next morning i just felt kind of a dumb feeling on my left shoulder overall. Nothing during the day and in the evening again sharp pain but only when i raise my left arm with the palms facing my face. is a sharp pain like tension but very sharp, at the upper tip of the shoulder and in the back of the shoulder but hard to pinpoint.

The pain is only when i move the arm in this particular way.

Today , day 3, and in the morning i feel the same dull sensation.also I hear clicking sounds when I do shrug like movement…

I cant really see a doctor until March when my work tour ends (i work 3 months on 1 off).

Any ideas? should i stop completely working out? Thanks so much in advance!