Shoulder Injury - Help

Got a question, maybe you already have an article you could steer me to. In May I injured my left shoulder at work after an MRI I was told I have a partial thickness tear of the rotator cuff also a full tear of the anterior labrum. I also have due to contact sports when I was a younger man bone spurs and joint degeneration. I’ve went through a full course of intense PT and cortisone injections from mid May till 2nd week of October and I want to restart my weight lifting as I have done so on and off from the time I was 13 years old.

I was told that flat benching should not be done anymore only maybe dumbbells do you have any advice as to some weight lifting moves I can do for my shoulders, back and chest that would be the safest for my shoulder? I understand you can’t give medical advice and I would not hold anyone giving me insight to my question responsible in anyway what’s so ever it’s my choice to continue on with weight lifting

[quote]Billy20questions wrote:
I was told I have a partial thickness tear of the rotator cuff also a full tear of the anterior labrum. I also have due to contact sports when I was a younger man bone spurs and joint degeneration.[/quote]
Have you considered getting your shoulder surgically repaired?

Surgery is a good idea!

If you are stubborn, incline log-press(possibly mimic with 3 board press using swiss-bar if you don’t have a log) allowed me to bench.