Shoulder Exercises w/ HSS-100 Chest

I’m in my first week of HSS-100 Chest Specialization, so that means I need to combine shoulder, back, biceps and triceps into one day - 1 or 2 workouts at 3 sets per part. I’ve got everything but shoulders figured out, I was wondering what two shoulder exercises you guys would recommend. I was definitely leaning towards dumbell presses, but I’m open to any suggestions. Thanks

[quote]cftapsel wrote:
I’m in my first week of HSS-100 Chest Specialization, so that means I need to combine shoulder, back, biceps and triceps into one day - 1 or 2 workouts at 3 sets per part. I’ve got everything but shoulders figured out, I was wondering what two shoulder exercises you guys would recommend. I was definitely leaning towards dumbell presses, but I’m open to any suggestions. Thanks[/quote]

You may want to lay off the shoulder presses since you will already be pressing on all three of your chest days. Adding a 4th day of pressing will be VERY hard on the joints. I would pick an isolation movement for the side or rear delts (or a combo movement) and focus on that. Your front delts will get hammered with all the bench variations, and your triceps will get all the work they need (and more) as well.

Even if you tolerate high volume and recover well, you will be walking a very fine line, and it doesn’t take much to end up with an overuse injury. Essentially, you are just looking to maintain every other body part while you focus on your chest. Keep that in mind during this program, and you should be ok.

Make sure that one of those exercises is for your external rotators, to counteract all the pressing movements.

[quote]simon-hecubus wrote:
Make sure that one of those exercises is for your external rotators, to counteract all the pressing movements.[/quote]

Face pulls would be a good addition to the program, if they haven’t already been included.