Shoulder/Deadlifting Question

Hey

On my last training day (Monday, upper body) I felt a very slight pop in my left shoulder while reracking weights (I’m a dumbass). It didn’t hurt at all, so I just thought it was a crack and I kept lifting. On Tuesday I was minimally sore, and today I am still minimally sore. I have a full range of motion and I can easily reach over head and stuff. Today I am still just minimally sore, but I have a complete range of motion.

Today is my legs day. I was wondering if it would be entirely stupid to lift today. I want to do dead lifts, bulgarian split squats and maybe rdls. I won’t be doing any pressing today. I am going to go heavy on the DL. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
V

I think you wont know until you try. If you do something that aggravates it, even slightly, don’t do it.

Start light, lighter than normal. Pay attention to your shoulder. Everyone will tweak something at somepoint. Work around it intelligently and you should be fine.

Typically pulling exercises (especially DL) do not aggrevate shoulder issues. BONEZ is right, though. Being weary of it will prove beneficial.

Thanks for the advice, this was exactly what I was looking for. I will definitely treat this “tweak” with care.

[quote]DOHCrazy wrote:
I think you wont know until you try. If you do something that aggravates it, even slightly, don’t do it. [/quote]

Exactly.

So I was in the gym today… didn’t feel it in my shoulder at all. I took special precaution to warm up properly and even used a massager on my neck though…

I am here (half hour after work out) and feeling a little sore. Hopefully by tomorrow I will be feeling better and then by Friday for my upper body day. I will keep massaging and might even get a foam roller :open_mouth: