Shoulder Clicks Lowering the Snatch Bar

Ive lowered the bar, after a snatch, down to shoulder level, when I then procede to waist level I get annoying clicking in my shoulders. Something to do with the external rotators controlling the movement I think. Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers
Rich

Why are you lowering it down to your shoulders? Either drop it, or catch it on your thighs.

I dont lower under control I do drop it to the thighs but the clicking is still there. I dont have a problem with the clean btw.

My sports medicine doctor told me clicking and popping are fine for any joint, as long as it doesn’t coincide with pain or discomfort. My knees and shoulders pop regularly during my o-lifts.

Press on the front of your shoulder with one or two fingers, as if you’re looking for the coracoid process. Does it hurt?

[quote]CappedAndPlanIt wrote:
Press on the front of your shoulder with one or two fingers, as if you’re looking for the coracoid process. Does it hurt?[/quote]

No it doesnt hurt, however, my left medial deltoid gets tight which I am wondering is linked to rotator cuff impingement

Is there pain with any specific movement? Pain with clicking? Is there a clicking feeling or audible noise? Where is the clicking located specifically in the shoulder?

[quote]LevelHeaded wrote:
Is there pain with any specific movement? Pain with clicking? Is there a clicking feeling or audible noise? Where is the clicking located specifically in the shoulder?[/quote]

No audible clicking, only pain when I bring my left arm in front of me and over to the opposite shoulder or up behind my back, the pain is in the medial deltoid and maybe a little pain just posterior to this as in the external rotator region. My external rotators are strong so it wouldnt be a weakness issue in them.

[quote]Rich Hand wrote:
LevelHeaded wrote:
Is there pain with any specific movement? Pain with clicking? Is there a clicking feeling or audible noise? Where is the clicking located specifically in the shoulder?

No audible clicking, only pain when I bring my left arm in front of me and over to the opposite shoulder or up behind my back, the pain is in the medial deltoid and maybe a little pain just posterior to this as in the external rotator region. My external rotators are strong so it wouldnt be a weakness issue in them.[/quote]

What makes you feel like your ER are strong? How is your posture? When you say “or up behind my back”, do you mean with your arm up overhead or having your arm by your side and touching the opposite side of your back with the back of your hand?

When it comes down to it, if it is bothering you that much, you need to see somebody in person. If it isn’t bothering you that much, take some NSAIDs, ice it after workouts, get good warmups before, and see how it progresses.