Been back to lifting after a few years off and had minor shoulder surgery (removed a ligement and bone from the acromion also a small tear which did not require repare) in the beginning of the year also have herniated discs in the C-Spine. Both injuries were work related. I started lifting agian roughtly 8 months after the surgery and completed my rehab (or so I thought).
I really would like opinions, thoughts, comments, and advice from anyone who has gone through this. Basically want any comments on the below questions.
- Is it normal that benching with DB's bug my shoulder ?
- Is it normal that the shoulder still feels awkward or uncomfortable at times ?
- There is some muscle atrophy because of the pinched nerve ( herniated disc) at the top and towards the top rear of the shoulder (dont know shit about anatomy sorry ) are lateral/front raises and reverse flies the best and only way to build up the muscle ?
- OHPressing doesn't bother me at all but i still do not perform the lift. Should i ?
- What lifts should I stay away from and what lifts should I be doing.
Home gym wth the following equipment.
Olympic and standard loading DB's
Low/high pulley with the following attachment wide lat pull bar, tricep rope, small bar (tricep pushdowns)
A lever arm kind of like a smith machine. Can do rows and benching. I used this for benching to each into it before I started using the DB's.
Pull up bar
Will be purchasing a trap bar too.
Any houghts advice or personal expeirances will gladly be appreciated. I really want to get to lifting and feeling stronger but feel like I may have been over confident. I thought 8 to 10 months out I would be 100 percent