Shoulder/Arm Injury

Im hoping someone can help me with this problem, let me give you a little background information.....

About a month and a half ago while at work, I was working on putting up a 30 pound case onto a shelving unit kinda high up. After I got it halfway on there, I attempted to shove it back further but my arm was at a weird angle and when I pushed I recieved a sharp pain on my side/behind my arm and a little in the shoulder area.  It only a lasted about 10 minutes and when almost completely away. Later that day I went to play catch, and while I was throwing, I must have overdone it and threw too hard and I had severe pain in my right arm.

Whether this was amplified by what I had done earlier, I don’t know. I threw a couple more just thinking it was a one time thing, but it just continued to hurt worse. The arm started to feel better that day with the occasional stinging pain. So I went and did my workout as normal only to have the pain come back. It wasn’t in a single location, rather it came mostly from the tricep area and radiated through my entire arm. The majority of the pain was in between my elbow and my shoulder.

The weird part is, the arm really didn’t hurt when there was a load on it while I was doing my sets, only when I left it alone, and in between sets, did the pain really get bad. So I decided to take some time off. I took about 15 days off and during that time I had the occasional stinging pain, the kind that’ll make you cringe for a few seconds, and then be totally gone. So when I went and worked out 15 days later, I didn’t have the horribly radiating pain in my arm anymore.

However, on the days while im not working out, I have the occasion 2-3 second sharpe cringing pain and then it goes away. During a workout it feels fantastic, there’s no pain, and it feels better than ever. I can move my arm around just fine, and there doesn’t seem to be any pain whatsoever in my shoulder.

My question is, does anyone have ANY idea what I might have done while throwing thats causeing this pain. And most importantly, can I continue to workout or should I take even more time off?

I had a shoulder issue in January. What I did was use light weights to force heavy concentrations of blood into the shoulders - I didn’t stop training. Shoulder healed up fine.

If training feels good, you’re probably fine. If it hurts, don’t do it.

shoulders are easy to injure. i have torn my left rotator, about 5 yrs ago… it still hurts!
i can say that i don’t put enought time into training PROPERLY my rotators one of my favorite things to do in the gym is slightly declined “dumbell shoulder presses” you can google rotators and shoulder injuries and get a ton of info
keep working out bro

I’ve dislocated my left shoulder 14 times in the past 6 years and have gone through 2 surgeries. I haven’t had any problems since my last surgery 13 months ago, which was an open surgery that took 6 hours. It sounds like some people can just ignore it and keep working out and be fine, but not me. My advice would be to see an orthopedic surgeon… I know it’s expensive, but you have your shoulders for life.

I so fucking wish I would have listened to my orthopedic surgeon after the first dislocation I had where I only wore my sling for a week and redislocated my arm shortly after that… and it was all down hill from there. My advice would be, unless your poor as hell, get that shit checked out.