T Nation

Shoulder/Arm Injury

I searched the forum, but didn't find anything helpful on this issue. About 2 weeks ago, I jumped to catch a pass in a game of touch football and came down hard on my left side. Since then, my left shoulder has hurt, and my upper arm, as well. Specifically, the left biceps hurts occasionally and the triceps hurts often, particularly when I squeeze things or when I have the arm fully extended and push/apply pressure to something. I have been unable to lift, which is extremely frustrating, given that I missed most of the previous six months with a hip injury and had been back to the gym for only two weeks or so. Any input as to the potential problem? BTW, I haven't been able to find an ART practitioner in Dallas, so I'm considering a chiropractor. As for just asking my doctor, she misdiagnosed the hip problem about six times, and I'm currently in the process of finding a new family doc. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm no doc and I don't play one on the internet, so I'm not going to try and diagnose you.

BUT, I would reccomend trying to find a sports medicine doc. The reason being that a s.m. doc is more likely to have seen similar cases. They deal with Active injuries, whereas the typical family doc gets the inactive injuries ie flu, sore back from bad posture. Find someone who deals with these types of injuries on a regular basis and your more likey to find and fix the problem in a timely manner.

Good luck.

sounds like it could be an acromioclavicular joint injury but you should have it checked out. As suggested a sports MD would be best bet if you have had problems in the past.