Should You Go Back to College?

"I’d only send my son to university if he had no talent.

He is going anyway, for the social life and the certificate. I warn him that after studying the Humanities and Social Sciences, he won’t be able to think independently or absorb information that doesn’t fit his programming.

The modern university is not devoted to truth, quite the opposite. Repressive fe-manism is rampant on campus but that is just a symptom of a more profound problem."

Yeah! Don’t go to college! Why would you want to, you know, learn shit?

3/10 because you included a cartoon.

Here’s what I believe: - YouTube

The article is a bunch of nonsense spouted by some christian with their panties in a bunch, are you really insane enough to believe any of this?

[quote]
The Illuminati is bound by a devotion to Lucifer, the rebellious angel who defied God and said man will define reality. He is called “the bringer of light.” Now do you understand the “Enlightenment”? The super rich want to be God and reshape reality to fit their interests. To do this, they need to sever our links with Reality, i.e. God (absolute truth, love and justice.)[/quote]

A quote from that “article”. Anyone who both believes in god/satan and believes they directly meddle in our world needs to have a long hard look at reality. The writer comes off as moderately intelligent but completely brainwashed by his ideas. Are you really so insane that you believe any of this Headhunter? They talk about protocols issued to the Rulers of Zion who somehow orchestrated the life work of Darwin, Nietzsche and Marx in order to forward some agenda against god so that instead man and his creations are worshipped (which is supposed to be a bad thing?).

Do you actually believe that the jews are trying to destroy you?

The author (and I’m guessing you also) believe every word of this to be true? I seriously hope that this is just you trolling and people aren’t going around believing this.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:

He is going anyway, for the social life and the certificate. I warn him that after studying the Humanities and Social Sciences, he won’t be able to think independently or absorb information that doesn’t fit his programming.

The modern university is not devoted to truth, quite the opposite. Repressive fe-manism is rampant on campus but that is just a symptom of a more profound problem."

http://www.henrymakow.com/index.html[/quote]

I started back not all that long ago. And, I’ve personally been captive audience to a couple politicized humanities and lit courses. Nothing much to be done for it, except to avoid drawing attention to yourself. Leave the heated debates for PWI. There’s no point in testing a Professors’s ability to remain neutral when grading a paper. Know what I’m saying? Fortunately, I having nothing but math and sciences from here on out, so I expect alot less class room townhalls.

[quote]The other Rob wrote:
The article is a bunch of nonsense spouted by some christian with their panties in a bunch, are you really insane enough to believe any of this?

The Illuminati is bound by a devotion to Lucifer, the rebellious angel who defied God and said man will define reality. He is called “the bringer of light.” Now do you understand the “Enlightenment”? The super rich want to be God and reshape reality to fit their interests. To do this, they need to sever our links with Reality, i.e. God (absolute truth, love and justice.)

A quote from that “article”. Anyone who both believes in god/satan and believes they directly meddle in our world needs to have a long hard look at reality. The writer comes off as moderately intelligent but completely brainwashed by his ideas. Are you really so insane that you believe any of this Headhunter? They talk about protocols issued to the Rulers of Zion who somehow orchestrated the life work of Darwin, Nietzsche and Marx in order to forward some agenda against god so that instead man and his creations are worshipped (which is supposed to be a bad thing?).

The author (and I’m guessing you also) believe every word of this to be true? I seriously hope that this is just you trolling and people aren’t going around believing this.[/quote]

Note: I didn’t bother reading the article before responding. Don’t take my other reply as a response to it. Lol.

What, did they kick you out of the politics forum??

To do this, they need to sever our links with Reality, i.e. God (absolute truth, love and justice.)

[/quote]

Hahaha, the irony in that statement is hilarious! I think the author has already lost his link with reality.

oh great, so we havent had a god fight in a while?

Don’t hate Headhunter for his crazy ideas, its his parent’s fault. Headhunter, go to your folks home and slap them both really fuckin hard for your failures.

I find it funny how much flack Headhunter gets, if anything he challenges you. While his ideas at times can be wild, he stands for something: thought, and this is almost lost in today’s society. You may dismiss him as crazy or you may say that he is a troll, but his threads are very popular and always cause people to post like crazy on the subject or attacking him. In a way he is like most people except he is not bound to any ideology and he has to endure all the posts calling him a lunatic and his ideas stupid, but does it really make you any more sane or any smarter doing so?

I find it funny how much flack Headhunter gets, if anything he challenges you. While his ideas at times can be wild, he stands for something: thought, and this is almost lost in today’s society. You may dismiss him as crazy or you may say that he is a troll, but his threads are very popular and always cause people to post like crazy on the subject or attacking him. In a way he is like most people except he is not bound to any ideology and he has to endure all the posts calling him a lunatic and his ideas stupid, but does it really make you any more sane or any smarter doing so?

So in other news, I might try and get a Masters Degree.

[quote]nik133 wrote:
I find it funny how much flack Headhunter gets, if anything he challenges you. While his ideas at times can be wild, he stands for something: thought, and this is almost lost in today’s society. You may dismiss him as crazy or you may say that he is a troll, but his threads are very popular and always cause people to post like crazy on the subject or attacking him. In a way he is like most people except he is not bound to any ideology and he has to endure all the posts calling him a lunatic and his ideas stupid, but does it really make you any more sane or any smarter doing so?[/quote]

It’s interesting that he’s compared himself to Socrates before. Inquisitiveness is good, but sometimes controversial opinions get you the hemlock, be they accurate or inaccurate. (in this case I would deem them the latter, but that’s just my opinion)

[quote]Nikiforos wrote:
nik133 wrote:

It’s interesting that he’s compared himself to Socrates before. Inquisitiveness is good, but sometimes controversial opinions get you the hemlock, be they accurate or inaccurate. (in this case I would deem them the latter, but that’s just my opinion)[/quote]

Socrates also gives a lot of terrible arguments, so there’s another way that Socrates and HH are alike :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote]nik133 wrote:
I find it funny how much flack Headhunter gets, if anything he challenges you. While his ideas at times can be wild, he stands for something: thought[/quote]

I disagree

You can learn a lot more than just that thur book learnin’ in college.

I know I learned tons more than just my stuff in classes.

But it is true, some folks come out more close-minded than when they went in, dieticians come to mind.

[quote]Sloth wrote:
Headhunter wrote:

I started back not all that long ago. And, I’ve personally been captive audience to a couple politicized humanities and lit courses. Nothing much to be done for it, except to avoid drawing attention to yourself. Leave the heated debates for PWI. There’s no point in testing a Professors’s ability to remain neutral when grading a paper. Know what I’m saying? Fortunately, I having nothing but math and sciences from here on out, so I expect alot less class room townhalls.[/quote]

But here’s where we run into trouble – when good people abandon the BS stuff to the leftists and the loons and head for the hard sciences, that leaves the cretins w/o opposition. The maniacs thus get to re-define things like art, philosophy, music; all the things that make life worth living…and a big reason those things suck today.

And further, some maniacs somehow wind up in Law School, then the Senate and House, where they proceed to bankrupt the country.

I am guilty of the first paragraph situation btw: I abandoned Philosophy for Math. Mea Culpa.

[quote]spyoptic wrote:
oh great, so we havent had a god fight in a while?

Don’t hate Headhunter for his crazy ideas, its his parent’s fault. Headhunter, go to your folks home and slap them both really fuckin hard for your failures.[/quote]

Kids today…

The Illuminati is bound by a devotion to Lucifer, the rebellious angel who defied God and said man will define reality. He is called “the bringer of light.” Now do you understand the “Enlightenment”? The super rich want to be God and reshape reality to fit their interests. To do this, they need to sever our links with Reality, i.e. God (absolute truth, love and justice.)

The author (and I’m guessing you also) believe every word of this to be true? I seriously hope that this is just you trolling and people aren’t going around believing this.[/quote]

Henry Makow is Jewish. He also doesn’t believe that Jews are out to conquer the world, but that a small group of very wealthy people (many Jews) use the Anti-semitism card as a cover – the moment someone says something like he (Makow) does, “Anti-semitism!” comes flying out of the woodpile.

You responded like a good little automaton, by the way.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
The other Rob wrote:

The author (and I’m guessing you also) believe every word of this to be true? I seriously hope that this is just you trolling and people aren’t going around believing this.

Henry Makow is Jewish. He also doesn’t believe that Jews are out to conquer the world, but that a small group of very wealthy people (many Jews) use the Anti-semitism card as a cover – the moment someone says something like he (Makow) does, “Anti-semitism!” comes flying out of the woodpile.

You responded like a good little automaton, by the way.

[/quote]

As if you’re any less predictable. If I ever see anything written on this site about insane conspiracy theories and pseudo-intellectual arguments, it’s always you. I attended university in England but did not study the humanities, however as for the people I’ve met studying humanities, they held pretty much the same beliefs going in as coming out. I do know a philosophy student who became vegetarian though :frowning:

The fact that the author is Jewish means nothing to me, he believes in deals with satan and therefore I can happily laugh at every word he writes. Don’t use the fact I called him anti-semetic to deflect the fact that he’s talking complete nonsense.