Should You Avoid MSG?

it’s glutamate. it is harmless.

[quote]man bear pig wrote:
it’s glutamate. it is harmless. [/quote]
Harmless AND delicious.

I don’t know how those darn Asians survive, what with all the cooking oils at high temperatures and MSG.

[quote]HeavyTriple wrote:
I don’t know how those darn Asians survive, what with all the cooking oils at high temperatures and MSG.[/quote]

Lol…exactly. The physiques of those who seem to stress food choices so much and have borderline orthorexia …Well, I hope their physique mirror the sacrifice. Willing to bet…most do not.

[quote]facko wrote:
Lol…exactly. The physiques of those who seem to stress food choices so much and have borderline orthorexia …Well, I hope their physique mirror the sacrifice. Willing to bet…most do not.[/quote]

So, who are you going to make a bet with? Do you think anyone cares that you are willing to make a bet?

tweet

No need to stress it, there are definitely bad reactions to MSG same as aspartame and there are folks that feel it and folks that don’t. It’s going to be one of those “better to avoid” things like HFCS so if you cheat on that from time to time and dip some fries into ketchup (loaded with HFCS usually) then don’t stress the MSG on occasion. But it’s definitely not something you should be actively seeking to eat regardless of the non-responders opinions.