Should You Avoid MSG?

Hi friends,

Well at the end of the week, Birdy gets a bit tired and hungry, and now and again a little unplanned cheat meal slips in.

Today I smashed a chicken and cashew meal from the local Thai place for lunch. I kind of told myself it fits my Samurai diet as it is just chicken, nuts, veges and rice.

Afterwards I felt tired, a little bloated, and very thirsty. My PM session at the gym suffered in intensity due to the meal.

The restraunt had a sign on the door saying “no MSG”, although my work colleagues tell me thats a lie and its the MSG that made me feel a bit un-bird like. I was wondering what is the go with MSG? Avoid at all costs? Is it that bad?

Go.

tweet

Google can answer this question very easily.

[quote]waylanderxx wrote:
Google can answer this question very easily. [/quote]

If YOU feel like crap after eating MSG-laced foods, then avoid it.

It puts my wife in a food coma, gives her stomach cramps and major wind every time she eats it.

Makes me drink like 2 gallons of water after.

I eat that shit… I don’t give much of a fuck about it.

This thread just should be titled “Dear Diary…”

[quote]facko wrote:
This thread just should be titled “Dear Diary…”[/quote]

Because it fits your macros?

Im a total different kettle of fish compared to you buddy. Im a performance athlete.

It is the next morning and I feel that the MSG has interuppted my sleep, probaly related to getting up twice to go to take a piss after drinking 3L of water yesterday afternoon.

Anyway you can keep your MSG and pop-tarts buddy. None of that stuff belongs in the “bird cage”.

We go hard.

tweet

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

Im a total different kettle of fish compared to you buddy. Im a performance athlete.

It is the next morning and I feel that the MSG has interuppted my sleep, probaly related to getting up twice to go to take a piss after drinking 3L of water yesterday afternoon.

Anyway you can keep your MSG and pop-tarts buddy. None of that stuff belongs in the “bird cage”.

We go hard.

tweet[/quote]

Cool story bro.

why ask a question you’ve already answered?

[quote]facko wrote:

[quote]theBird wrote:

[quote]facko wrote:

We go hard.

tweet[/quote]

Cool story bro. [/quote]

Needs more dragons

[quote]theBird wrote:

We go hard.

tweet[/quote]

Bird, I’m not 100% sure either way if you’re trolling here on T-Nation or not. If you are, that’s fine…I can appreciate a good troll-job, but could you at least spice it up a bit? The whole “Hi Friends, today I’d like to talk about the delectable hazelnut” format is getting dull as fuck.

Spice it up. Add some zazz.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

Bird, I’m not 100% sure either way if you’re trolling here on T-Nation or not. If you are, that’s fine…I can appreciate a good troll-job, but could you at least spice it up a bit? The whole “Hi Friends, today I’d like to talk about the delectable hazelnut” format is getting dull as fuck.

[/quote]

No, no troll.

I dont see why you think Im a troll. Im here, starting a conversation about nutrition in a “nutrition” thread. I was hoping my fellow t-members would join in with me in discussing their thoughts and experiences with MSG. I was suprised that I noticed such an effect after a medium sized meal for lunch, and I thought it was important that I shared this information with you guys.

Life is a journey. We are all constantly learning and improving. Isnt that the reason we are all here for? If we all knew everything and we were all perfect, then wouldnt things be boring.

zazz tweet zazz

Eat more, seek it out, bloat, get stonger

articles.elitefts.com/nutrition/how-to-own-the-chinese-buffet-a-guide-to-getting-huge-on-the-cheap/

[quote]theBird wrote:

Today I smashed a chicken and cashew meal from the local Thai place for lunch.

tweet[/quote]
Birds eating birds?
Thai food always makes me feel un-bird like too but that’s cause I overeat it.
*tweet

MSG isn’t a terrible thing at all. Some people think* they are sensitive to it, some actually are. It’s a natural-ish substance that is extracted from beets. Just another of many versions of sodium. I cook with it regularly and my family and friends never have problems I learned about it in culinary school, and if used properly it isn’t so much “salty” as it “brightens” and “lightens” flavors up. A lot.
Me likey…

[quote]strangemeadow wrote:
MSG isn’t a terrible thing at all. Some people think* they are sensitive to it, some actually are. It’s a natural-ish substance that is extracted from beets. Just another of many versions of sodium. I cook with it regularly and my family and friends never have problems I learned about it in culinary school, and if used properly it isn’t so much “salty” as it “brightens” and “lightens” flavors up. A lot.
Me likey…[/quote]

Huh?

Do you also believe that high fructose corn syrup is just another version of sugar?

Did you know there’s protein in snake venom?

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Me likey…[/quote]

Huh?

Do you also believe that high fructose corn syrup is just another version of sugar?

[/quote]

Uhm chemically HFCS and sucrose are pretty fucking identical bro. Come on with that voodoo shit.

[quote]PimpBot5000 wrote:

The whole “Hi Friends, today I’d like to talk about the delectable hazelnut” format is getting dull as fuck.

[/quote]

Troll or not it’s fucking gay

tweet

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:

Me likey…[/quote]

Huh?

[/quote]
Sodium and msg are much different than hfcs and sugar. Dude…
P.S. there is protein in snake venom.

it causes neurological damage along with all that other shit people say it does.