Should We Invade North Korea?

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
To answer HH’s question, let’s have a look at what the Brits (America’s closest allies) have to say about it,

People, whom you libs claim to care so much about, are being dissected alive as we speak. Since you do not raise a voice in protest, does this mean that you and most of the world agree with what this regime is doing to its own people?

The Chinese do nothing. The Russians do nothing. None of the Muslim countries that scream about US oppressors (who gave Iraqis the right to vote) lift one finger to help the poor people of North Korea. Does this mean that you countenance such things, as long as Kim ‘leaves us alone’?

Gee, the rest of the world is wonderful, isn’t it? Only the US is moral and at least denounces this beast.

Listen to Captain Morality.

GE’s current valuation will only give me around 14% over the next 15 years, and that’s just not good enough.[/quote]

Hmmm…making money off of wars are we? Where’s the morality in that? Do you also own tobacco stocks, and chuckle with delight at the fat dividends, squeezed from the lungs of cancer victims?

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:

Hopefully. That would cause a huge drain on the Chinese economy, and an even bigger drain on the US economy. I’d probably be a multi-millionaire within 5 years of the war ending.

Not to mention you’d still be a gigantic tampon string hanging off the insecure pussy known around the world as…Canada!!

[/quote]

DELETE

I decided to be nicer.

But your insecurity is showing.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:
To answer HH’s question, let’s have a look at what the Brits (America’s closest allies) have to say about it,

People, whom you libs claim to care so much about, are being dissected alive as we speak. Since you do not raise a voice in protest, does this mean that you and most of the world agree with what this regime is doing to its own people?

The Chinese do nothing. The Russians do nothing. None of the Muslim countries that scream about US oppressors (who gave Iraqis the right to vote) lift one finger to help the poor people of North Korea. Does this mean that you countenance such things, as long as Kim ‘leaves us alone’?

Gee, the rest of the world is wonderful, isn’t it? Only the US is moral and at least denounces this beast.

Listen to Captain Morality.

GE’s current valuation will only give me around 14% over the next 15 years, and that’s just not good enough.

Hmmm…making money off of wars are we? Where’s the morality in that? Do you also own tobacco stocks, and chuckle with delight at the fat dividends, squeezed from the lungs of cancer victims?
[/quote]

Congrats, you beat the ruskies!

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
kicked the Korean’s ass?

Hopefully. That would cause a huge drain on the Chinese economy, and an even bigger drain on the US economy. I’d probably be a multi-millionaire within 5 years of the war ending.

It would also probably cost hundreds of thousands of lives, if not millions, cause unimaginable damage to the planet, and finally end the reign of the US as the leading world superpower. But whatever, at least that mean ol’ commie will be gone.[/quote]

Do you suppose if it happened, the Chinese would then quit making American flags to sell here?

[quote]lixy wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
"North Korea’s grisly arms tests on babies

And Saddam’s army snatched babies from incubators and threw them on the ground, ey?[/quote]

Saddam, what a great guy. I suppose the reports of him using gas and artillery on Iranian troops was false also.

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
kicked the Korean’s ass?

It would also probably cost hundreds of thousands of lives, if not millions, cause unimaginable damage to the planet, and finally end the reign of the US as the leading world superpower. But whatever, at least that mean ol’ commie will be gone.

Do you suppose if it happened, the Chinese would then quit making American flags to sell here?[/quote]

Probably not. They’ll probably use the money they get from the cheap crap the US buys from them to finance the war.

[quote]beebuddy wrote:

[/quote]

Touche’, but can you top this…

[photo]12512[/photo]

[quote]beebuddy wrote:
Touche’, but can you top this…

[photo]12512[/photo]
[/quote]

How many Nobel Prize winners come from Canada? Has Morocco ever produced ANY?

Anyway, what can we do to help the people of NK? I’m going to write to my Congressman urging him to bring the issue into the public eye.

Think about that for a minute. Even though the United States has 10 TIMES the population of Canada, Canadians still come to the United States at 10 TIMES the rate that Americans go to Canada. You would think that if Canada had equal quality of life as the United States (or even if the United States had only marginally better quality of life than Canada) that the number of people leaving the United States for Canada would dwarf the inflow of Canadians based on sheer numbers.

Canadians have to be, by far, the dumbest people on the planet. That is the only way of explaining the fact that they practically trip over themselves to leave the modern Eden known as Canada headed for the wasteland that is the United States.

[quote]Moriarty wrote:

The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development estimates that 1.1 million people who were born in Canada were residing in other OECD countries at the beginning of the 21st century. Of these Canadian-born emigrants, the lion�??s share (82%) resided in the United States. As of the year 2000, over half of the Canadian-born residents of the US (58%) had been living there for over 20 years; another 30% had been there for over 10 years. Many were so well settled that they evidently had no intention of returning to Canada: by 2000, 46% of Canadian-born emigrants had become naturalized American citizens, according to the 2000 US Census.

Between 2000 and 2004, an average of about 68,900 Canadians departed for the United States every year; in contrast, an annual average of about 6,100 US residents immigrated (obtained permanent resident status) to Canada during the same period.

Think about that for a minute. Even though the United States has 10 TIMES the population of Canada, Canadians still come to the United States at 10 TIMES the rate that Americans go to Canada. You would think that if Canada had equal quality of life as the United States (or even if the United States had only marginally better quality of life than Canada) that the number of people leaving the United States for Canada would dwarf the inflow of Canadians based on sheer numbers.

Canadians have to be, by far, the dumbest people on the planet. That is the only way of explaining the fact that they practically trip over themselves to leave the modern Eden known as Canada headed for the wasteland that is the United States.[/quote]

How about we do this:

9 - number of US cities with a population of over 1,000,000

2 - number of Canadian cities with a population over 1,000,000

All things being equal, anyone wanting to move to a large city has a 9/11 = 81.8% chance of moving to the US and a 2/11 = 18.2% chance of moving to Canada. Anyone wanting to move to a city with a population over 3,000,000 has a 0% chance of moving to Canada, and a 100% chance of moving to the US.

now, you mentioned the migration rate from Canada to the US, and the US to Canada rate. Within the US, what is the migration rate into New York and LA, and the migration rate out of NY and LA? How does this compare to the US-Canada rate?

Of course, this isn’t taking climate or geography into consideration.

I dont’t give a shit about NK
If only one American or European dies over NK I’d find it a shame.

I’d like to see Kim’s head on a spike. He’s a major league asshole.
That said, this is where our common ground ends.

So Kim, has a ginormous comic book collection, a (real) toy army and a harem. If you find that insane, then you clearly don’t know humans.
Since when were genocide and/or death camps EVER a reason to go to war? Show me honest examples. You’ll find none.

Won’t happen.
Also, you’re kinda broke.
Also, North Korea would be a real war.
Also, carpet bomb the people you want to help? Troll?!

As if it was so simple. We had to beg our neighbours on our knees to let us do this. China would never allow this. By the way, thank you, Kohl and US and A!

Yep, that’s how global politics work. Clearly at this point, I realize I am feeding a troll. Perhaps we can arrange for a tribunal in this section? I fully realize that discussing politics regularly leads to a heated atmosphere, but you’re taking this to a different level with retarded threads.

Summary:
While you certainly have the weapons and soldiers, your people don’t have the motivation, the balls nor the money.

[quote]Moriarty wrote:

Canadians have to be, by far, the dumbest people on the planet. That is the only way of explaining the fact that they practically trip over themselves to leave the modern Eden known as Canada headed for the wasteland that is the United States.[/quote]

LOL!! They DO seem infatuated with us, don’t they? Envy perhaps. I suspect that many are ‘American wannabes’.

[quote]Schwarzfahrer wrote:
Yep, that’s how global politics work. Clearly at this point, I realize I am feeding a troll. Perhaps we can arrange for a tribunal in this section? [/quote]

How is a discussion about a terrible situation like in NK trolling? Either add something intelligent to the conversation or shut up.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
Moriarty wrote:

Canadians have to be, by far, the dumbest people on the planet. That is the only way of explaining the fact that they practically trip over themselves to leave the modern Eden known as Canada headed for the wasteland that is the United States.

LOL!! They DO seem infatuated with us, don’t they? Envy perhaps. I suspect that many are ‘American wannabes’.

[/quote]

One look at this forum is enough to cure that affliction.

[quote]orion wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
Moriarty wrote:

One look at this forum is enough to cure that affliction.[/quote]

You let Americans liberate you and then protect you, yet then don’t care if others in the world are liberated? Should the people of North Korea get to vote and have rights, like you do?

“You let america liberate you” […] yet then don’t care if others in the world are liberated?"

Pure comedy.

Wasn’t Iraq enough? See how grateful they are? Why don’t you go east and kill some bad guys on your own? Cause realistically nobody is gonna come with you.

And the concept is called: Fighting for YOUR rights.
Fighting for different people’s rights most often produces more pain and suffering. I thought you hate altruism? Or do you expect the koreans to pay you afterwards?