T Nation

Should We Invade North Korea?

NK has huge death camps, one supposedly one-quater the size of Washington, DC. The people are truly starving and many others live with just the bare necessities to sustain life. Kim Jung-Il spends whatever money the country has on crude weapons, on his comic book collection, and a high-priced whore (in other words, he’s insane).

When we’re done with Iraq, I say: carpet bomb Pyongyang and try to wipe out KJ-il and his top brass. Send in the Marines to clean out the rest. Let NK unify with SK, much like East Germany and West Germany. Ignore China, since they don’t help the poor people of North Korea.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
When we’re done with Iraq, I say: carpet bomb Pyongyang and try to wipe out KJ-il and his top brass. Send in the Marines to clean out the rest. Let NK unify with SK, much like East Germany and West Germany. Ignore China, since they don’t help the poor people of North Korea.[/quote]

why would you carpet bomb a city and kill innocent ppl. This isn’t WWII, we have things called smart weapons that allow us to do precision bombing.

Also invading North Korea will be no cake walk.

And half of North Korea’s food is supplied by China, the third largest donor of food aid around the world.

http://archive.japantoday.com/jp/news/379353

It’s not worth the Blood and Treasure that we Americans have given to entirely too many ungrateful countries around the world. Let the North Koreans do something about it if they should feel the need arise.

How about we stop trying to tell them what to do. How about we stop calling them an Axis of Evil that needs some regime change. Instead lets try something radical…trade freely with them.

Perhaps if we stopped being such pricks by publicly calling out Kim every time WE want something maybe things will change on their own over there. We certainly would not make matters worse by just offering to sell them some chow and electronics. Maybe a taste of prosperity will actually lead to some changes.

Oh hell that would be crazy. Lets call them weapon proliferators, terrorists, and a cult of personality. That is how we solve things. Then maybe we can invade, destroy what little they do have, force a new Gov’t that is equally corrupt, and allow the american taxpayer to bankroll the whole thing. Hell YA!!! Thats the ticket.

I think it’s a great idea!

Since my expendable is increasing all the time, I’ll be able to take advantage of the increasingly devalued US dollar to purchase ownership of top US companies.

Write a letter to your congressman, I’d like to retire by 40.

Yes, of course it’s our fault that Kim Jong Il is doing all of those mean and nasty things to his people, and he would stop immediately if we stopped calling his regime names.

Also, what do the North Koreans produce that we need? What would we trade with him? Perhaps he could sell us his population.

That said, I’m not volunteering to fight over there, so count me out.

"North Korea’s grisly arms tests on babies
MI6 file describes concentration camp
bigger, deadlier than Dachau, Auschwitz

They call it “the Killing Compound” �?? the area of Camp 22 in North Korea’s largest concentration camp.

Hidden away in the mountains in a remote northeastern corner of North Korea, close to its borders with Russia and China, Camp 22 has been purpose-built for the regime’s scientists to have an unlimited number of prisoners on which to experiment.

Thousands of men, women and children are trucked to the nearby town of Haengyong. There they wait and, just as Nazi Dr. Josef Mengele did at Auschwitz, the North Korean physicians single out those who will die in gas chambers, or in biological tests, or face death in the human dissection rooms."

“Their “offenses” may have been to allow a portrait of Kim to get dusty �?? every home must display one. Or not having given the mandatory bow when passing his thousands of posters that line every street.”

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"North Korea’s grisly arms tests on babies
MI6 file describes concentration camp
bigger, deadlier than Dachau, Auschwitz

They call it “the Killing Compound” �?? the area of Camp 22 in North Korea’s largest concentration camp.

Hidden away in the mountains in a remote northeastern corner of North Korea, close to its borders with Russia and China, Camp 22 has been purpose-built for the regime’s scientists to have an unlimited number of prisoners on which to experiment.

Thousands of men, women and children are trucked to the nearby town of Haengyong. There they wait and, just as Nazi Dr. Josef Mengele did at Auschwitz, the North Korean physicians single out those who will die in gas chambers, or in biological tests, or face death in the human dissection rooms."

“Their “offenses” may have been to allow a portrait of Kim to get dusty �?? every home must display one. Or not having given the mandatory bow when passing his thousands of posters that line every street.”
[/quote]

Invasion is the only answer then. Get to it.

If we did invade, you think the Chinese would attack like they did the last time we kicked the Korean’s ass?

[quote]Gkhan wrote:
If we did invade, you think the Chinese would attack like they did the last time we kicked the Korean’s ass?[/quote]

Hopefully. That would cause a huge drain on the Chinese economy, and an even bigger drain on the US economy. I’d probably be a multi-millionaire within 5 years of the war ending.

It would also probably cost hundreds of thousands of lives, if not millions, cause unimaginable damage to the planet, and finally end the reign of the US as the leading world superpower. But whatever, at least that mean ol’ commie will be gone.

Even from a purely practical point of view this is ridiculous. Who holds a lot of T-bills, funding the damn Iraq war right now?

Answer: China and Japan. Now, after the financial hole we are in as a result of Iraq, how the hell do you aim to fun the invasion into N. Korea. China sure as hell isn’t going to help fund it, in fact, they will enter into a war with us…and that sure as hell isn’t going to be a cakewalk.

Like it or not, you’re going to have to do this one through diplomacy.

Don’t get me wrong. North Korea is a shithole, but if you are really interested in improving conditions there (which is very noble) then we’re going to have to do it through other means. Isolating them or resorting to militaristic measures isn’t the answer.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
NK has huge death camps, one supposedly one-quater the size of Washington, DC. The people are truly starving and many others live with just the bare necessities to sustain life. Kim Jung-Il spends whatever money the country has on crude weapons, on his comic book collection, and a high-priced whore (in other words, he’s insane).

When we’re done with Iraq, I say: carpet bomb Pyongyang and try to wipe out KJ-il and his top brass. Send in the Marines to clean out the rest. Let NK unify with SK, much like East Germany and West Germany. Ignore China, since they don’t help the poor people of North Korea.[/quote]

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
"North Korea’s grisly arms tests on babies [/quote]

And Saddam’s army snatched babies from incubators and threw them on the ground, ey?

To answer HH’s question, let’s have a look at what the Brits (America’s closest allies) have to say about it,

[quote]lixy wrote:
To answer HH’s question, let’s have a look at what the Brits (America’s closest allies) have to say about it,

[/quote]

People, whom you libs claim to care so much about, are being dissected alive as we speak. Since you do not raise a voice in protest, does this mean that you and most of the world agree with what this regime is doing to its own people?

The Chinese do nothing. The Russians do nothing. None of the Muslim countries that scream about US oppressors (who gave Iraqis the right to vote) lift one finger to help the poor people of North Korea. Does this mean that you countenance such things, as long as Kim ‘leaves us alone’?

Gee, the rest of the world is wonderful, isn’t it? Only the US is moral and at least denounces this beast.

[quote]Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:

People, whom you libs claim to care so much about, are being dissected alive as we speak. Since you do not raise a voice in protest, does this mean that you and most of the world agree with what this regime is doing to its own people?

The Chinese do nothing. The Russians do nothing. None of the Muslim countries that scream about US oppressors (who gave Iraqis the right to vote) lift one finger to help the poor people of North Korea. Does this mean that you countenance such things, as long as Kim ‘leaves us alone’?

Gee, the rest of the world is wonderful, isn’t it? Only the US is moral and at least denounces this beast.

[/quote]

Listen to Captain Morality.

GE’s current valuation will only give me around 14% over the next 15 years, and that’s just not good enough.

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:

GE’s current valuation will only give me around 14% over the next 15 years, and that’s just not good enough.[/quote]

Don’t feed the troll; feed yourself!

[quote]Aleksandr wrote:

Hopefully. That would cause a huge drain on the Chinese economy, and an even bigger drain on the US economy. I’d probably be a multi-millionaire within 5 years of the war ending.

.[/quote]

Not to mention you’d still be a gigantic tampon string hanging off the insecure pussy known around the world as…Canada!!

[quote]lixy wrote:
Aleksandr wrote:
Headhunter wrote:
lixy wrote:

GE’s current valuation will only give me around 14% over the next 15 years, and that’s just not good enough.

Don’t feed the troll; feed yourself![/quote]

You scream about American bombs killing innocent Iraqis, and show not a shred of sympathy for the people of North Korea? I’d rather be a troll than an absolute hypocrit like you.

[quote]gatesoftanhauser wrote:

Not to mention you’d still be a gigantic tampon string hanging off the insecure pussy known around the world as…Canada!!

[/quote]

You are an idiot, BUT you have given me a wonderful opportunity to post this picture in this epic fail of a thread…

[photo]12511[/photo]