Should I Wear a Jock Strap When Lifting?

dumb question…im 47 yrs old and could use support…thanks

No, do you have history of hernia’s? Boxer briefs for the win.

I typically free ball it during training, but I don’t have full on grandpa-sac just yet. USAPL requires briefs under the singlet, so I’ll train in briefs before a meet. I’d lift in whatever feels comfortable to you.

^ Do they hang to your knees do they swing to and fro?

I wear one when I want the rack to myself.

It’s a little hard to breath with the pouch over the nose, but you’ll get use to it.

[quote]Oldman Powers wrote:
I wear one when I want the rack to myself.

It’s a little hard to breath with the pouch over the nose, but you’ll get use to it.[/quote]
okay - Now that’s funny.

[quote]phatphit wrote:
dumb question…im 47 yrs old and could use support…thanks[/quote]

Compression shorts by Under Armour. Get the long cut.

thank you fischer

Never ever doubt or underestimate the importance of good testicular support.

[quote]dave14 wrote:
Never ever doubt or underestimate the importance of good testicular support.[/quote]

I originally thought this thread was silly, but here goes.

If I skip rope in regular underwear, am I likely preventing issues with the scrotum?

Okay Kong I think you need to reword or explain.

Also @Fisch where is the best place to buy those?

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

Also @Fisch where is the best place to buy those?[/quote]

I thought at first this thread was bullshit to see who tries to actually answer it.

Next I wondered for my own purposes if wearing, let’s say Fruit of The Loom brand briefs, I am in good territory with not compromising my own bag of jewels, I skip rope frequently. I might add that several years ago I had at times pain coming from the scrotum, and the doctor said it is to do with an injury in the lower abodominal wall. I rarely get it now, actually it has been so long I forgot until now.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:
^ Do they hang to your knees do they swing to and fro?[/quote]

No, but I can tie um in a knot and tie um in a bow…

Why do you need someone else’s opinion on this? Try it out and decide for yourself - definitely a personal preference thing.

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

On ebay mostly. Just get the long cut—trust me on this the medium length cut like most boxer briefs ride up a little= aggravating -while the longer ones stay in spot.

This is actually a requirement(wearing these) if your doing any of my classes or a pt client of mine --male or female.

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

On ebay mostly. Just get the long cut—trust me on this the medium length cut like most boxer briefs ride up a little= aggravating -while the longer ones stay in spot.

This is actually a requirement(wearing these) if your doing any of my classes or a pt client of mine --male or female.[/quote]

I could see that, no point in looking at sweaty crotches all day, your not a gynocologist

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

This is actually a requirement(wearing these) if your doing any of my classes or a pt client of mine --male or female.[/quote]

I could see that, no point in looking at sweaty crotches all day, your not a gynocologist [/quote]
Lol.

Seriously, with all the movements we do in the classes I teach its is one less thing to worry about.

Sidenote: As women with kids will attest to this: under Abdominal stress they sometimes will urinate slightly --the Compression shorts help a lot to prevent this from happening as much.

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

[quote]FISCHER613 wrote:

[quote]Derek542 wrote:

I could see that, no point in looking at sweaty crotches all day, your not a gynocologist [/quote]
Lol.

Seriously, with all the movements we do in the classes I teach its is one less thing to worry about.

Sidenote: As women with kids will attest to this: under Abdominal stress they sometimes will urinate slightly --the Compression shorts help a lot to prevent this from happening as much.[/quote]

As a guy who has done hundreds of pelvic exams and treated women for years, yes sir I know this all to well.

I need to buy some so I can run after lifting, everything else rides up and my legs rub together and I start a small fire in my crotch.