Should I Take BCAA's

If I can only afford to take 25 BCAA capsules a day are they worth taking?

that is still 5 times 6g, 30g total is 60% of the high dose, most people take 20g or so, usually 5 times 4 caps

I think it is worthwhile. I have had success taking BCAAs, but there are some here who feel that you can get the same effect from an extra scoop of protein powder.

What’s the total dose of BCAA’s in 25 caps?

[quote]David Barr wrote:
What’s the total dose of BCAA’s in 25 caps?[/quote]

25caps x 1.2g per cap = 30grams

If you are willing and able to part with the money, and have a solid nutrition plan in place, go for it.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
What’s the total dose of BCAA’s in 25 caps?[/quote]

What is your reccomendation?

I was training with CP earlier in the month and his ‘workout drink’ contains 40g…I thought…wow that’s lots of BCAA.

I believe every little bit will help, especially immediately after waking, pre and post workout.

[quote]superdad4 wrote:
I think it is worthwhile. I have had success taking BCAAs, but there are some here who feel that you can get the same effect from an extra scoop of protein powder.[/quote]

its true, Biotest whey is about the same price gram for gram BCAA content compared to the caps. there are obvious advantages to both, you have to choose which fits one best, for some cases it may be the extra whey, it does have all those other essential amino acids.

in a fed state, these are less likely to be oxidized. i recall Berardi writing or saying he carried around a jug with like 10 scoops of whey and water and sipped it between meals all day. also something about peanut butter bagels.

a bump for Mr. Barr