T Nation

Should I Take Any Other Supps?

I’m 17 and about 140 lbs. I’m gaining decent muscle but I feel like I could be doing much more. I’m eating alot and taking Whey protein daily, but I have friends who are on testosterone pills and such who are making massive gains. Should I be taking anything along the lines of these?

You mean they’re taking steroids?

Fuck no you shouldn’t take them.

Even the pro-hormones you can buy at GNC can perma-fuck your endocrine system.

Absolutely not. If you want to add another supplement I would look into creatine monohydrate. Your body is still maturing and you haven’t been training for very long. In my opinion, hormonal supplements should be reserved people with significant experience who can do so under a doctor’s supervision. Testosterone is not a “more the better” supplement.

[quote]ds89 wrote:
I’m 17 and about 140 lbs. I’m gaining decent muscle but I feel like I could be doing much more. I’m eating alot and taking Whey protein daily, but I have friends who are on testosterone pills and such who are making massive gains. Should I be taking anything along the lines of these?[/quote]

No, eat more. Seriously, the supplements you need most right now are steak and milk. When you’re at least 21, eating 6000 cals a day (logged, not guess work), and you’ve gone months without gaining a pound while lifting heavy, then you can consider the other kind of supp.

dude you should get on endothil-cr. it’s BETTER than steriods.

if our talking about a similar product Alpha Male, i dont think you need it.
are your friends really making big gains? maybe you need to work harder
good luck

[quote]mallen5 wrote:
Absolutely not. If you want to add another supplement I would look into creatine monohydrate. Your body is still maturing and you haven’t been training for very long. In my opinion, hormonal supplements should be reserved people with significant experience who can do so under a doctor’s supervision. Testosterone is not a “more the better” supplement. [/quote]

i thought we established that he should avoid steroids?!?!?!

[quote]Ghost22 wrote:
You mean they’re taking steroids?

Fuck no you shouldn’t take them.

Even the pro-hormones you can buy at GNC can perma-fuck your endocrine system.[/quote]

if your GNC is still selling PH let me know where you live.

OP; i agree with the others here…just eat more and train harder. If your not making gains then change your training program up.

Yeah because creatine is a very powerful steriod. Take it and you’ll get hyooooge!!

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
mallen5 wrote:
Absolutely not. If you want to add another supplement I would look into creatine monohydrate. Your body is still maturing and you haven’t been training for very long. In my opinion, hormonal supplements should be reserved people with significant experience who can do so under a doctor’s supervision. Testosterone is not a “more the better” supplement.

[/quote]

On a serious note: I really hope that was a joke.

don’t worry. i know that creatine isn’t one of the really powerful steroids such as NO-xplode. one of my friends used that stuff and got too hyoooge. true story.

…yeah. i jest.

[quote]ds89 wrote:
I’m 17 and about 140 lbs.[/quote]

How tall are you?

What’s your workout look like and how long have you been lifting? Odds are you could benefit more from a tweaked program than any supplement.

Exactly how much?

Exactly how much?

What are they eating? How are they training?

At 140 pounds, the best supplements for you right now are carbs, protein, and fats. At your age, you’ve got some of the highest Test levels you’re ever going to have. A “testosterone pill,” whatever that is, isn’t going to do much.

I remember when I was 18, weighed 145, took a weightlifting gym class and started to seriously mountain bike.

Don’t know exact caloric intake from 12 years ago but I ate 3 slices of pizza a day for lunch, half gallon of milk with dinner, and usually had at least 1 or 2 quarter pounder or equivalent a day. Also consumed a TON of soda (like 6+ cans a day), tons of candy, tons of everything.

At the end of my weightlifting class I weighed 142.

So my prescription is to eat a LOT more.

I didn’t start to gain weight until I got to college and discovered beer and all you can eat buffets.

Remember that eating smart/clean is just as important as getting enough calories. As you increase your total calories, your intake of fruits and vegetables need to increase as well. Without maintaining the proper ratios you won’t be able to absorb/benefit from the caloric surplus.

[quote]E99_Curt wrote:
mallen5 wrote:

[/quote]

This is a joke about creatine OP (in case his sarcasm detector is MIA)

Oh, and Ghost: I like the term “perma-fuck”. I’m stealing it.

ur too young to be messing with any testosterone supplements, and anyways the ones sold at gncs, vitamin shops ect. are all bull shit and do nothing

at most you should take

-whey protein
-fish oil
-casein protein
-and if you want cycle creatine monohydrate