T Nation

Should I Supp or Just Eat?

I’ve been workin out at home, and only got some dumbbells like 2 weeks ago, but in that time my arms grew 1/2", so i guess they’re workin. But, I’ve been doing pretty much every exercise imaginable with them.

But, i try to eat good, maybe not necessarily meals a day, but i’ve been eating an egg with bread every morning, washed down with whole milk. And i eat a lot of pasta.

But, i’m currently 125 at 5’3, and next year i’m going to be doing track and wrestling, so i’m hoping to put some muscle on before those force me to cut.
So, i was wondering if supps would be a good idea or not, since i just lift dumbbells along with some body weight, or if just eating should do it?

Helm, you need to be patient. Right now keep doing what you are doing and use this site. Read up as much as you can on proper nutrition and follow what you read. You need big weights that you don’t have access to at this time to make really big body comp changes.

Again, educate yourself on proper lifting and practice the movements with what you have now. That combined with really having a good knowledge base in the nutrition dept. will have you primed for growth when you finally get access to some bigger weights. That time will come if you don’t lose interest and fade away. Supps at this time won’t make up for lack of knowledge.

Take care,

D

[quote]Dedicated wrote:
Helm, you need to be patient. Right now keep doing what you are doing and use this site. Read up as much as you can on proper nutrition and follow what you read. You need big weights that you don’t have access to at this time to make really big body comp changes.

Again, educate yourself on proper lifting and practice the movements with what you have now. That combined with really having a good knowledge base in the nutrition dept. will have you primed for growth when you finally get access to some bigger weights. That time will come if you don’t lose interest and fade away. Supps at this time won’t make up for lack of knowledge.

Take care,

D[/quote]

This is great advice supps are to supplement a good working consistent plan. get that going for a bit really nail it then look into supps. First thing just getting a protein and nailing peri work out nutrition.

read up. get a Like the above said base of knowledge and some experience then take the further steps

Phill