T Nation

Should I Sell Her? (Pics)

Hey guys im thinking about selling my 69 stang. I’ve been thinking about it for a while now but i am having some trouble going through with it. She is really impractical and causes me more worry than she is worth… but the stares are priceless. Her replacement would be a 2003 SVT Lightning…my other favorite vehicle. Anyhoo, would you do it?

one more

Nope

not at all.

Beautiful car. I’d sell it. I’d sell it to me.

No…that is a sweet ride

Damn that was quick!..

I guess some reasons for selling would be important. Im just 20 years old, going to college full time and still living at home. I have a daily driver now but i can’t afford to keep both forever. Also, the potential for theft keeps me freaked out anytime i take her out, as i would have to drive her everyday.

p.s. i know that it looks like i am answering my own question here, but i haven’t been this conflicted in a good long time.

Never!

Unless you want to sell it to me. How much?

That car is way better than anything you’re going to find today. The 2003 SVT’s are nice, but they do not compare to the 69 stang.

I vote to keep it, sell the kids instead if you have any.

[quote]scorpinaut wrote:
Damn that was quick!..

I guess some reasons for selling would be important. Im just 20 years old, going to college full time and still living at home. I have a daily driver now but i can’t afford to keep both forever. Also, the potential for theft keeps me freaked out anytime i take her out, as i would have to drive her everyday.

p.s. i know that it looks like i am answering my own question here, but i haven’t been this conflicted in a good long time.

[/quote]

I should’ve read farther down before replying. How can you afford a sweet ride like that in college.

So you don’t have kids but with a car like that you should be able to practice. But, if I were you I would sell the car to me because it’s a sound business decision. Just tell me where to send the check.

nope, never. thats the kind of car you pass on to your kids and they pass on to theirs etc etc etc.

That’s not an everyday car. The value will drop everytime you put it in gear.

How did you get the car? Build it? Buy it? Other than the fact that it’s a beautiful automoble, do you have any other emotional ties to it?

It’s not an heirloom. It’s a car. A very very nice car - but still a car.

If you own it outright (not paying on it), I’d say just garage it for a while 'till you finish school and get some income. You’ll be missing that thing a few years from now. By the way, how did you come by such a mint condition car?

[quote]scorpinaut wrote:
Damn that was quick!..

[/quote]

Never! I was in the same situation, and if I could turn back time, I would not have sold my 69’ RS Camaro. I spent too much time and money to let that thing go, but I made the decision to sell it when I was 20 yrs. old. I still regret it today, and I don’t regret much in life. The fact is, I know that it’s a struggle, but if there is any way you could put the thing in storage for a few years, or maybe let a trusted family member hold on to it for you during school? You’ve GOT to find a way to keep it. I dream about my old camaro almost weekly, and it’s been 12 years.

Here’s the kicker, I ended up selling it for about 7k in KS, when I had about 13k in it. Now, if I wanted to by that car, it would cost me over 20k! That’s IF you can find one worth buying.

That’s my story, and I think it’s a sad one. So, how much you sellin’ it for? PM me a price and I’ll see if I can buy it from you? Yes, I’m like that.

That’s a sweet ride bro!

Perhaps you could give it to an uncle or another family member in exchange for a loan?

This kind of car doesn’t come around everyday if you sell it you will kick your own ass down the road.

Trust me. If you sell it, you’ll regret it later.

Thanks for all the compliments guys,
The car didn’t always look the way it does today. I bought the car about 3 years ago for about 8 grand…which was alot but i had about half as a graduation present. The car was completly rust free so i drove it home(well tried to anyway…thank god for AAA)

I’ve dropped about 6 grand into over the years but, i saved money by stripping the car and doing most of the prep work myself. The suspension has been completely replaced front to back, brand new interior, wheels, and tires. Although i never dropped a dime into the motor or drivetrain except for a new carb. The 351w is all stock and runs reliably, albeit a little weak these days(shoulda built the motor first.)

Almost forgot, this is one of the few cases where the picture is actually better than real-life. She is beautiful but, definitely a 10 to 15-footer.(thanks alot 1-day paint…not!)

O

Forgot to mention that “yes” the car is all paid for. Unfortunately i don’t have any family that i would trust with my car for storage. My intention was to stick it on Ebay with a comfortable reserve price and hope that i’ll make enough money on the car to soften the blow a lil bit. My main concern is that if i sell it i doubt will ever be able to find such a solid car again…at least not for the price i paid. Shit, i think im more lost now than when i started.(LOL).

Have you ever seen the movie Bullitt with Steve McQueen? Rent it and watch and then you’ll have your answer.