Should I Say Something to Him?

I assumed this was the section that this should go in. Well here is the problem. My girlfriend works at a gym. And this guy comes in pretty much whenever shes there and talks to her.

This girl at school came over to talk to us the other day and shes knows this guy. And she said that he was asking her for her phone number and screen name. She told him she had a boyfriend though and this kid kept on bothering her about it asking for her number.

Things like this piss me off, cause you got to have some respect and jsut stop trying when you know someoens with someone. So my thoughts are to go down to were she works tommorow and when he comes in to say something to him.

Honestly all i want to say is look dude this is my girlfriend and thats disrespectful to me asking someone for her number when you know shes with someone.

My girlfriend dosent want me to do this at all. So I am thinking. Am i being to overprotective? Should i just wait it out and see if he keeps at it? Or should i just go down there say a few words to get it all over with?

what do you guys think?

Might be enough to just show up when he’s there and be visible talking to her, being close with her, etc. And maybe she could introduce you two to each other and you could just say hi, but not make a statement about it or anything. Being there and being seen as her boyfriend might be statement enough.

Oh god, this is one of those “don’t you trust me?” things, isn’t it? Mark your territory. If you want, confront him discretely (i.e. not in front of her). Either way, you can’t let that shit go.

I think your girlfriend should tell him that she has a boyfriend and she isn’t interested and for him to stop asking and bothering her. You shouldn’t need to step in. She needs to be more assertive about it.

Of course, your girlfriend could be giving off a different vibe (taken, but looking), or she could be flirtatious or just overly friendly, thus giving him the reason to persist. This is something she should deal with.

Don’t be the jealous guy. If your girl wants to be with you and not someone else, then you should trust her.

Yes, it is VERY ANNOYING when other guys persist on trying to get with your girl. And if there is a reason to say something or stick up for her when you are there and it happens in front of you, then by all means do so. But you have to realize that any attractive girl is going to be hit on. She needs to know how to deal with it properly to get that person to stop.

No. I can only hope to assume you’re still a teenager.

Let me fill you in. This won’t be the only guy that persistently hits on your g/f. This stuff happens all the time. Maybe you have done it yourself.

You’re jealous and you want to go down there and tell this guy off. No other reason for it. Don’t bother, though. Be secure with yourself and realize that if your girl is even worth the effort she won’t be giving this guy her number, anyway. Man up and ignore this petty BS.

Mark your territory. Chase this guy off but not in front of her.

Don’t pick a fight or anything like that but if you have a real relationship you have to stand up for it.

Two of these replys are “Mark your Territory”.

How exactly is that done?

Branding, Black Eye… or do you just piss on your gf?

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

Don’t pick a fight or anything like that but if you have a real relationship you have to stand up for it.

[/quote]

You’re already sounding better Zap.

OP, How is she responding to him?

Don’t confront him in front of her, it could turn ugly. Don’t be jealous, I only recently realized how often women get hit on, even if you’re dating them.

If you can trust her, you got nothing to worry about unless she’s not interested in you.

What has this world come to?

How to be a man should come naturally to you.

And the topper is someone giving advice when he has been whining and waffling for days in another thread about an ex-girlfriend.

Somebody please tell me that these ‘problems’ are made up by TC to keep us entertained between workouts as a form of a written Jerry Springer/Oprah show and are not really submitted by the male gender of the human species.

Words are weak. The next time he walks in just chuck a dumbbell at him. He’ll figure it out.

[quote]christine wrote:

Branding, Black Eye… or do you just piss on your gf?[/quote]

You pis around your girlfriend, and on the other guy. Then you tell him he’s pwn3d.

[quote]christine wrote:

Branding, Black Eye… or do you just piss on your gf?[/quote]

Don’t take it so literally. If she’s not going to tell the jackass to leave her alone, he needs to or maybe he needs another woman, or a woman period, instead of a girl.

[quote]Zap Branigan wrote:

[/quote]

I think she should stand up for it, I mean unless the guy is a legendary douche bag if she made it clear that he had no choice instead of doing what some girls by quitely baiting him, he would probably piss off.

Now if a guy is getting abusive and threatening of course you confront him and you put him out of commission, but if this is flirting and it continues either your girl has no ovaries and is afraid of him, or more likely she enjoys the brief chase.

Be really nice to him.

[quote]Avoids Roids wrote:
What has this world come to?

How to be a man should come naturally to you.

And the topper is someone giving advice when he has been whining and waffling for days in another thread about an ex-girlfriend.

Somebody please tell me that these ‘problems’ are made up by TC to keep us entertained between workouts as a form of a written Jerry Springer/Oprah show and are not really submitted by the male gender of the human species.[/quote]

Haha, I liked that Roids pretty damn good.

D

I’d just shoot him.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
christine wrote:

You pis around your girlfriend, and on the other guy. Then you tell him he’s pwn3d.[/quote]

But if you piss on the guy, aren’t you marking him as “your territory” as well?

Somehow I am picturing lots of grunting here as well.

[quote]Kratos wrote:
christine wrote:

Don’t take it so literally. If she’s not going to tell the jackass to leave her alone, he needs to or maybe he needs another woman, or a woman period, instead of a girl.[/quote]

I know! I just think its funny how boys get all worked up over this sort of shit.

[quote]Miserere wrote:
christine wrote:

You pis around your girlfriend, and on the other guy. Then you tell him he’s pwn3d.[/quote]

haha, I like that idea.

Anyways, I say screw it, if she told him she has a boyfriend and he persists, he’s opened himself up for an ass-whooping…just make sure you can kick his ass because nothing would look worse than challenging this fucker and getting beat down. Your gf’s pussy would be closed off forever.

Also, I don’t like the idea of just talking to him. Chances are he’d be very nice to you to your face and then bring it up with your gf in an attempt to make you look bad. If he’s bigger than you, just grab a roll of quarters and coldcock that bastard…make him think twice about hiting on your girl again.

Man up dammit.

I think what you need to do is man up and do what YOU feel is right. If you want to say something, say something. If you want to talk to your girl about it, talk to your girl about it. But whatever you do, don’t just puss out and do nothing. Who knows, if you say something and stand up for yourself and your woman, she might find it attractive. But then again, it might piss her off. Well, tough shiat if it does.