Should I Move to the Outback?

Move to Wolf Creek. Befriend this guy. Trust me, he’s good people.

Yes.

silence

Teledin and Hugh Jassman- Im considering moving to Geraldton. Not as isolated as Karatha, Tom Price etc, but still a country town. Only 4 hours in the car from Perth, and thanks to the extra airlines the flights arent too expensive to fly to Perth when I need to.

Push- I would like to move to Greece in an exchange with NikSamaras. Maybe after Ive done my 2-3 years in the country?

tweet

If you tweet in the outback and no one heard it was it still a tweet?

How old are you?

I’d move, give it 6 to 12 months then move back. It’s not like you’re moving to Siberia.

Yeah just do it, I hear Perth’s a shithole anyway, and at least you’ll still be on the coast, it’s not like you’re really going outback and moving to Kalgoorlie.

[quote]Hugh Jassman wrote:
Yeah just do it, I hear Perth’s a shithole anyway, and at least you’ll still be on the coast, it’s not like you’re really going outback and moving to Kalgoorlie.[/quote]

Or Dubbo.

lol

But seriously I think parts of NT and the top end are far more isolated.

[quote]theBird wrote:
I would like to move to Greece in an exchange with NikSamaras. Maybe after Ive done my 2-3 years in the country?

tweet[/quote]

No deal. Get going.

Visited Geraldton years ago and didn’t think it was that bad. I’d probably do it, but then I don’t really see living in Perth as much better.

[quote]XanderBuilt wrote:

Yeah just do it, I hear Perth’s a shithole anyway, and at least you’ll still be on the coast, it’s not like you’re really going outback and moving to Kalgoorlie.[/quote]

Or Dubbo.

lol

But seriously I think parts of NT and the top end are far more isolated.[/quote]

Do the names get funnier the further outback you go?

Lol…actually, I’m one to talk.

[quote]Stern wrote:

Or Dubbo.

lol

But seriously I think parts of NT and the top end are far more isolated.[/quote]

[/quote]

We have some interesting locations (some probably from Aboriginal heritage) - Wagga Wagga etc.

I found this for you - http://www.list-directory.info/lists/place-names.html

I used to have a client named Cockburn pronounced “Coburn”. There’s even a cement company in Australia named the same. I should really put it in the Ridiculous Names thread lol

[quote]Stern wrote:

Or Dubbo.

lol

[/quote]

We have some interesting locations (some probably from Aboriginal heritage) - Wagga Wagga etc.

I used to have a client named Cockburn pronounced “Coburn”. There’s even a cement company in Australia named the same. I should really put it in the Ridiculous Names thread lol[/quote]

LOL! There’s some crackers on there! I hope Boing Boing isn’t located on Chinaman’s Knob. ^^

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

Or Dubbo.

lol

[/quote]

I used to have a client named Cockburn pronounced “Coburn”. There’s even a cement company in Australia named the same. I should really put it in the Ridiculous Names thread lol[/quote]

LOL! There’s some crackers on there! I hope Boing Boing isn’t located on Chinaman’s Knob. ^^

[/quote]

Please you need to Cock Wash after you Cockburn. lol

Stern, are you the Scottish equivalent of Nards? McNards? A sense of humour as they say is hard to find nowadays. Ha.

Stern, are you the Scottish equivalent of Nards? McNards? A sense of humour as they say is hard to find nowadays. Ha.[/quote]

Lol…well I might be wrong here but I’m pretty sure Nards has some Scottish blood in him! I’m sure he’ll correct me soon enough but I think his Maw is Scottish.

Life can be tough enough in my opinion without having to get all serious and stressed over the internet. :slight_smile:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

Or Dubbo.

lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please you need to Cock Wash after you Cockburn. lol[/quote]

Lol I think this would be more appropriate! :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

Why do people call Wagga Wagga, Wagga? We don’t call Woy Woy, Woy!

[quote]SexMachine wrote:

[/quote]

Why do people call Wagga Wagga, Wagga? We don’t call Woy Woy, Woy![/quote]

Because it takes to long to say. lol.

Hence arvo is afternoon, g’day is good day etc.

Actually, I really don’t know.

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

[quote]Stern wrote:

Or Dubbo.

lol

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please you need to Cock Wash after you Cockburn. lol[/quote]

Lol I think this would be more appropriate! :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

LOL

XanderBuilt- Im 29, and yes I think Im going to give it a go. I can pull the pin at any time if I really need to, although I hope to atleast give it a good 6 months.

Hugh Jassman and Cimerran- Yer Perth is a strange place, I suppose family is the only thing that keeps me here. Ive spent 5 years in Melbourne and always thought I would move back there. I like the idea of been on the coast. Im going to buy a vespa to get around. It hardly ever rains in Gero.

Everyone else- I live 10 minutes away from “Cockburn”. I haver never understood why it it pronounced “Coburn”. And please dont hijack my thread. This thread is for discussing my move.

And there is only one Nards/MacGyver.

tweet