Should I Just Write My Own Routine?

Oh yeah I didn’t put them in the best order haha. I wouldn’t do two leg days in a row… that’d be brutal :joy:

Cable flyes can be used with bands too right? Because that’s all I have.
Yup, I’d do dumbbell shoulder press! You think calves should be hit twice?

Also, with the posterior delt row and then back day, is that enough work for lats and traps/rhomboids?

Just the $0.02 I picked out here:
In your situation, I just wouldn’t do flyes. Do push-ups with your hands on blocks/ steps/ plates/ whatever. That way you still get the stretch the flyes would give you, but you get real tension all the way through the movement.

2 Likes

See this:

I didn’t realize you didn’t have access to cables. Definitely just do pushups. You can just do 3 max sets of pushups instead of the flyes and try to get more each time.

And don’t do super wide pushups, thinking they’ll hit your chest more - it’s a myth, they don’t, they’re hell on shoulders, and you get better chest activation with your hands shoulder width apart from being able to “squeeze” your chest at the top of the movement.

I think calves can be hit twice, and most importantly, standing calf raises hit the gastrocnemius - the big calf muscle, and seated calf raises hit the soleus - the muscle that runs underneath the calf and a bit further down the leg, and the soleus is a super important part of the leg, especially if you do any running, so it’s less of hitting something twice, and more about giving two separate and important muscles the attention they deserve!

2 Likes

Thanks all for chiming in and helping me out! Planning on starting a training log in the next day or two :muscle:t2: