Should I Increase Each Meal?

I had a plan all set but it came out to around 2400 calories and many people felt that was to little, to lose a pound a week I need to eat 3,000 calories a day

So should i just increase food intake for each meal?
previous plan was
Breakfast
6:00am
4 Egg whites and piece of whole wheat toast. 240 calories
Lunch:
12:00
Turkey sandwich w\ lettuce(alot), tomato(5 cherry tomatoes),pickles
snack:
2:30
2oz mixed nuts or popcorn(insulin…I know)
Work out
3:30
Workout days, 1 scoop whey protein (33grams protein, 7g BCAA’s)
Dinner
5:00
4 oz chicken breast, 3-4 servings veggies
snack(optional)
8:00
2oz nuts or peanut butter sandwich

So should I just eat more by adding veggies and protein to each meal?

I try and drink around 12 glasses of water or more

I’m confused…you want to lose weight and you want to increase your calories from 2400 to 3000? What’s your current weight?

I’m 290, to maintain my weight i need 3500calories a day to maintain my weight while exercising an hour a day so ill have a deficit of 3500 calories a week, originally i was going to lose 2-3lbs a week but stu said you can only lose one pound of fat per week, the rest is muscle

It’s not that you can ONLY loose 1 lbs. of fat a week, 1lbs/week is just a steady safe ratio.

If you want to add more calories, put them around the work out and a breakfast. the minutes following a good weight session are like “magic time” and the body can use more nutrient pretty effectively.

That said, just stick with your diet for a while. At 290 you have a lot weight to loose, I’m guessing (unless you’re just a big w/ lots of muscle and trying to strip some fat off). I dropped 50lbs in three months when I accidentally started my own transformation a few years ago. Just ate cleaner and the weight dropped off.

Try your diet, if you’re loosing to quickly or loosing strength in the weight room, bump up the calories a bit. No one here can tell you what will work best for you.

[quote]Petermus wrote:
So should i just increase food intake for each meal?
previous plan was
Breakfast
6:00am
4 Egg whites and piece of whole wheat toast. 240 calories
Lunch:
12:00
Turkey sandwich w\ lettuce(alot), tomato(5 cherry tomatoes),pickles
snack:
2:30
2oz mixed nuts or popcorn(insulin…I know)
Work out
3:30
Workout days, 1 scoop whey protein (33grams protein, 7g BCAA’s)
Dinner
5:00
4 oz chicken breast, 3-4 servings veggies
snack(optional)
8:00
2oz nuts or peanut butter sandwich
[/quote]

upon review:
-Bread? You may want to avoid that. Perhaps replace it with some fruit. mmmm, fruit.
-Eat whole eggs, please.
-popcorn? what?
-No carbs at night or before bed. That means no PB sandwich (natural PB I hope, by the way).
-More veggies! They fill you up, which is a nice side effect.

I’m working on my diet now too. I’m shooting for about 2400 cal/day and I’m about 166 lbs right now. I am having 2 tbsp organic peanut butter on a whole wheat bagel about an hour before my workouts. That is the only bread type substance in my plan. The rest of my carbs come from fruit, veggies, and dairy. I also added a salad with spinach, lettuce, a tomato, and some chopped up turkey or chicken midmorning and a low-fat string cheese.

That might help you add some more calories if thats what youre looking for or just have a bigger breakfast. 240 calories from 6 am till noon doesn’t seem right to me. If you got a blender you can add some frozen fruit to your post workout shakes too, for the simple sugars.

I was thinking for lunch I still start having 3-4oz chicken and alot of veggies instead of turkey.

popcorn causes insulin production so its suppose to be bad for weight loss?

I’ll start eating whole eggs, ill keep the piece of toast because i like eggs alot more with a piece of toast, I need to keep my sanity…i long for the bland taste of white bread…whole wheat sucks :S

I really love nuts so ill drop the pb sandwich (nat. pb)

I think what ill start doing also is buying big bags of mix veggies.

whats the cheapest way to buy fruit? (i live in massachusetts if that makes a diff… climate and all)

You don’t eat anything from 6-12? You need to add two more small meals. At 300 calories each you’re done. Or you could have the two smaller meals be 200 calories each and add the other 200 elsewhere.

I eat every 2-2.5 hours. That’s about 6-7 meals at 400 calories on average.

[quote]Petermus wrote:

I think what ill start doing also is buying big bags of mix veggies.

whats the cheapest way to buy fruit? (i live in massachusetts if that makes a diff… climate and all)[/quote]

Sams club or Costco.

I buy a 3lbs bag of broccoli each week and a bag of mixed fruit and 3 lbs of bananas as well. It’s about $10 total. I’ll also grab 2-4 green peppers, some onion, and a few bags of frozen Green Beans each week from the normal grocery store.